26

Cassie

"Can we get inside the car its fucking cold" I said. Jaden seemed like he fell asleep.
"Yeah sure. It's almost 2am. I should drive you home." He said. But I wasn't in the mood to go home yet.
"No, lets pull an all nighter! I mean, we don't have to be out in the cold, but I don't want to go home." I said. I don't know if it was because I didn't wanna be home alone or because I wanted to spend more time with Jaden, probably both.

"Alright, then lets get in the car!" He said, kinda grumpy, he was obviously tired. But I wasn't.
"We could drive to the beach and watch the sunrise!" I said. I really was energetic and not tired at all.
"We could do that, sure. Everything you want." He said and yawned. I could've said hey, "if you're that tired lets go home" but I liked that I had the power to keep him awake. I'm sure thats a kind of weird and concerning thing.

We still had some candy and I ate most of it in the car. Maybe the high amounts of sugar I ate was a bit the reason I wasn't tired at all.

"Here the last one." I said and gave Jaden the last gummy bear. Maybe he would be more I awake if he ate some sugar, I thought to myself. I can't remember if it worked.

It was quiet in the car. I didn't realize that the playlist was over and no music was playing but I kinda wasn't in the mood to look for new music to play. So it was quiet. I didn't mind, even though I was fully awake and energetic, I had a headache, so silence was good for me.

"Do you think Lukas is awake right now?" I asked after a while. I was bored and apparently forgot about my headache.

"It's 2:30 am, I don't think so Cassie." Jaden said and laughed.
"Oh right, I forgot how late, well, early it is." I said and laughed too.
"Do you miss him that much?" He asked to mock me.
"Nah, I was just wondering." I said. Sometimes I was wondering what he thought about me and Jaden. I know he once asked Jaden if we were a thing, that one day at the sand which shop. Maybe I was wondering because I didn't know what we were either. We basically were still strangers. But also friends. And I didn't lie when I said I hate him a little bit less than everybody else. In a special way, he had a place in my heart the second we were in his car that one day we skipped school.

Since we drove far away from the highway and the beach and the city we drove for a long time to get to the beach again. I was kind of scared Jaden would fall asleep while driving, driving us in our death.

"Are you tired?" I asked. I'm not sure why I did it, it was pretty obvious that he was. But I wanted to say something.
"Yeah, of course I am, but this is fun, so it doesn't matter." He said and laughed, but he laughed tired. Kinda cute. But in a weird way cute, you know? Not in that way. Obviously.

"Jaden?" I said. I thought he was pretty annoyed with me at this point.
"Yes?" He said.
"Can you promise me something?" I asked. I said it pretty dramatic, to make him nervous to what it was about.
"Sure, what?" He said and tapped on the steering wheel. He was nervous.
"It's important" I said to make him more nervous about it. Don't ask me why.
"What is it? I promis whatever it is, it won't be bad!" He said.
"Promise me to not fight with Cole ever again, okay? I don't want him to hurt you." I said.
"Pff. He won't hurt me, but I will hurt him!" He said and laughed.
"Jaden. Promise." I said. It was really important to me that he wouldn't do shit like that again. It was only a matter of time until Cole or Olivia would count one and two together and figure out that me and Jaden hang out. And I wanted this to stay special.

"Okay, I promise. I even pinky promis it Cassie!" He said and held his pinky finger in the air. Deep down I knew he was lying but I still hooked my finger to his.

"Nice, now can you put on some music?" He said, and I took my phone and replayed the playlist I made for us. I always was kind of anxious if he liked the music but he never complained, so I kept on playing it.

After another 20 minutes we arrived at the beach, but it was way too early for the sun to rise, so we stayed in the car.
"I'm so hungry." Jaden said and stretched.
"We can get breakfast when the sun is out, nothing is open now anyway." I said and scrolled on my phone.
"Alright, can I at least take a nap?" He asked. Even though we decided to pull and all nighter, I figured it would be better if he slept for a bit since he was the driver.
"Alright, but only a power nap. I'll wake you up." I said and smiled. He lowered the seat and closed his eyes. He fell asleep like right away. I thought about napping too, but I knew if I did that I would be way more tired. So I was on my phone in the time he slept.

After 40 ish minutes it was time to walk down to the beach, the sun was about to rise.
"Wake up Jaden!" I said and poked his cheek. He woke up after like 3 minutes.
"What, where are we?" He asked.
"The sun is about to rise!" I said and got the blankets to take with us.
"Oh right, yeah lets go." He said and opened his door.

We walked down to our usual place on the rocks, I laid one of the blankets down so we wouldn't sit on the cold rocks. Usually you have to put something there because the rocks are too hot.

We used the other two blankets to wrap us in and stay warm. The the sun went up. The sunrise was kind of right next to the beach so the water was beautiful pink and red, so was the sky. It looked like it was painted. Incredibly beautiful.

We stayed on the rocks until the sun was fully up and then we decided to go get breakfast. After that he dropped me off.