19

Jaden

I can't believe these words just came out of my mouth. Was it a dream was I dead? But before I could think about it more, my lips were locked to Cassies. And it felt relieving. It felt like a dream. It felt like a fairytale. It felt unreal. But then it stopped.

"We can't, this isn't okay. Sorry. I cant think right right now. I'm scared we will regret this." She said. And I think she was right. This was dumb. It didn't mean anything.

"You're right. Where were we?" I said and laughed awkwardly.
"I got you, you lost!" Cassie said and laughed. She let herself fall back and swam on her back. It looked so funny I had to laugh.
"What?" She laughed.
"You look so stupid swimming like that!" I said and laughed.
"Oh really? I thought I looked like a supermodel like that!" She said ironically and laughed.
And we laughed. We laughed a lot. We swam a little bit but then decided to go back to the beach to dry off, it got pretty late.
And it wasn't even awkward, even though we kissed. Cassie was right. It would've been a mistake. We had such a great friendship, we shouldn't risk it for something stupid. And that realization relieved me. I felt free.

"It's so cold dude! The sun is already gone. I should've packed a sweatshirt." Cassie said and I realized the sun was setting. It looked beautiful, like a painting. Oil painting? Acrylic? Pastels? I should paint someday.
"Yeah, its pretty cold, but I don't have a sweatshirt either. Sorry." I said and I just then realized how cold it actually was.
"Lets head off, the car is warm!" I said and jumped up.
"Yeah, its pretty late huh?" Cassie asked.
"Yeah its 9pm I think." I said.
"What? The day went by like seconds!" Cassie said excited. And she was right. Every day I spend with her goes by so fast.
I wondered if Lukas missed us today, I felt kinda bad for not telling him about this. I mean he's our friend too.

"Did Lukas text you?" Cassie asked as we were walking back to the car. She apparently had the same thought as me.
"Wait, I'll check." I said and got my phone. He actually texted.

You and Cassie are nowhere to be found...having fun I guess ;)

He really likes the thought of us being together.

"Nope. He didn't." I said. I don't know why I was lying.
"Oh okay. Lets ask him if he wants to get lunch tomorrow!" She said excited.
"But tomorrow is Saturday? We don't have school." I said confused.
"Yeah, duh, but we could get lunch together either way?" She said and laughed.
"Oh, sure! I didn't think about it that way. I'll text him." I said.

Dude. Sorry, wasn't feeling well today. I don't know where Cassie went. Haven't heard anything from her today. Wanna grab lunch tomorrow together?

I didn't want him to know about this. He would ask too many questions and I wasn't in the mood for that.

We got to the car and drove off, and on the way home we got milkshakes. As always.

"Did you ask Lukas?" Cassie asked.
"Yeah wait I'll check if he answered." I said and grabbed my phone.

Oh sorry, that sucks. I haven't heard anything from her either. But I'm down to get lunch tomorrow!

"Yep he likes the plan for tomorrow." I said and smiled. I realized that I haven't heard anything from Kiera and Tyler in a long time. They kinda ignored me the last few days. But that's normal for them. Monday they will act like nothing happened.

We arrived at Cassies House and I wanted to talk about what happened earlier at the beach.

"Hey before you go, can we talk about-" I said and she interrupted me.
"Nothing happened. Lets just forget it." She said and smiled. Then she got out of the car. She was Handel it it the right way, and she was right. Nothing happened, it was a mistake.

"Bye bye, see ya tomorrow!" She said.
"Bye loser!" I shouted out of the car and she flipped me off, as always.