Part 5

Jaden

I was looking for a place to eat as I realized the silence between us wasn't painful anymore. It was almost calming siting in the car with cassie and driving somewhere, anywhere, I still didn't know where. But it didn't matter, we both had a great time so far, at least I did. But cassie probably felt this way too, I saw the way she smiled at me.

"Here is a restaurant with a drive-in. We could get some food here or wait like 20 Minutes, then we would be in the city and could find something there." I said.

"yeah we can wait, its probably better in the city" she answered. I was kind of relieved, i wasn't that hungry yet.

"Can we play a game" she asked. A game? While I was driving?

"What game?" I asked.

"Idk 20 questions? I could find some questions on google." She said. I like 20 questions.

"Yeah sure, sounds fun" I said.

After 2 minutes she found some questions. I was scared yet excited. I mean, I had nothing to loose. I didn't know her, she didn't know me. We had two separate life's.

"So, first question. When is your birthday?" She said. Easy question to start with.

"August 21st. You?" I said.

"Oh shoot you're a Leo. Mine is may 5th." She answered.

"That means you are a?" I asked

"Im a Taurus. Taurus and Leo's dont get along" she said. To be honest, this whole zodiac sign crap isn't my thing. I dont believe in it. It's dumb. I couldn't care less.

"Well, right now we're getting along pretty well huh?" I said and smiled at her. She smiled too.

"Anyway, next question. Your favorite animal?" She said.

"Ummmm, I dont know, Dogs? Oh and I like snakes, they scare me, but they're cool." I said.

"Cool, mine are butterflies. Basic girl answer but, I like them, they mean a lot to me." She said.

"Oh really, is there a story behind?" I asked, and took a sip of the now melted ice cubes in my cold brew. Most of the time when people say that a specific animal means a lot to them there is a traumatic story behind.

"Not really. They're just pretty." She said. I knew there was more behind but chose to stay quiet.

"The next question, if you could travel anywhere, where would that be?"

"Easy. Iceland. I love it there. Awesome country, and you can see the northern lights. Seeing these is definitely on my bucket list." I said, more excited than I expected. I thought she would make fun of me for saying that.

"Really? I want to see the northern lights one day too! I dreamed of seeing them since i was a child" she said, even more excited than me.

"A big dream, but maybe one day, we will see them." I said but didn't mean it a way that we would see them together. She didn't say anything about my usage of "we" so I didn't care. Maybe we would see them together one day. I don't know, anything is possible.