20

Cassie

I didn't wanna think about the incident. Because that would've made me think about something I tried to ignore. I wasn't ready for that conversation with myself yet.

I was actually happy that I had lots of Homework to do, it distracted me for a bit. I decided to call up Olivia.

"Hey mrs. Schoolskipping." She said.
"Oh come on. You're just jealous." I said and laughed.
"I'm just kidding I totally understand you. What did you do the whole day alone?" She said and I remembered I didn't wanna tell her about my friendship with Jaden. I honestly don't know why, its just that she always gets so involved with everything and stuff. I want to have something to myself.
"Oh, nothing special, I took a bath and did my nails, the usual." I lied.
"Oh, a little self care day, I love that for you. Oh, I have to tell you the craziest story EVER!" She said excited.
"Yeah, tell me!" I said trying to sound excited.
"So Cole, he beat up this loser kid Jaden!" She said and laughed evilish.
"Whaaaaat? Why?" I said confused and not as happy as she hoped. I think she expected me to cheer for Cole or something.
"Cole said Jaden was drunk or something and just looked for attention and Cole and his friends met him, and Jaden just slapped Cole-" Olivia said and I couldn't follow her. I don't know a person that can say the name Cole so many times in a sentence.
"So was it Jadens fault or coles?" I asked. Jaden told me Cole started it, and honestly I believe him more that Olivia/Cole.
"Yeah, obvi, that dudes a freak!" Olivia said and laughed.
"No he's not?" I said confused. I actually didn't wanna say that, it just bursted out of my mouth.
"Wait, are you on his side?" She said, furiously. I had to be pretty careful what to do next.
"What, no. I just think you shouldn't call him a freak, you know. I think thats rude." I said trying to sound as convincing as possible.
"Oh, so you're Switzerland again?" Olivia said and laughed. Thank god, she laughed.
"Yeah yeah, you know, cheese?" I said. What.
"What?" Olivia said confused.
"Oh you know, Switzerland, cheese? Get it?" I said and laughed awkwardly.
"Yeah, you are a freak Cassie. So, anyways my parents-" she said and talked about how her parents did something rude or whatever, I wasn't listening, I was only thinking about one thing-
"Prom! Who are you going with? You cant go alone, you know that right?" Olivia said excited. She really loves prom. Big dresses, showing of her money, showing of her boyfriend and drinking lots of alcohol. Don't get me wrong, I love it too. I just hate going alone.
"Oh you know, I don't have anyone to go with." I said and chuckled ironically.
"I can set you up with one of Coles friends!" She said.
"Nope we're not having that discussions again Olivia. I'm not interested in one of his friends." I said. She tried that so many times.

We discussed that for ten more minutes and then I hung up. She really is annoying sometimes. But I love her.

I felt better after that phone call and decided to actually take a bath. Maybe even do my nails. I mean my alibi has to be waterproof, right?

I took a bath and ate some leftover pizza my dad got for him and mom yesterday. They were finally back home but they slept a lot. Their job is exhausting, so that's understandable.

But I didn't fell asleep until 1am. Not because of thoughts that wandered through my mind, I looked for prom dresses online. I found some pretty good ones, even cheap ones. I wasn't in the mood to buy a hella expensive dress that I would just wear one, maximum two times. I decided that I would go to the store next week and try some on, maybe Olivia would come with me. She, of course, already has hers. It's a big nude-ish ball gown with gold details and gold little dainty flowers. The color really accentuated her olive-tanned skin and her bleached blonde hair. She looked like a literal goddess. And of course, she had a little gold tiara.

I was looking for something more satin, maybe red or green, preferably dark green. And pockets, ofcourse.