23

Jaden.            Tw⚠️

"The thing Cole said, was he lying?" I asked. I still held Cassies hand but I felt her trying to escape my squeezing hand.
I tried to ask her that for a while now, since he beat me up. The reason why I boxed him. The shit that came out of his mouth made me do it.

She was shaking more than before. Her leg was shaking and she bit her lip, she was anxious. So was I.

"What do you mean?" She asked, her voice was shaky.
"What he did to you." I said.
Cassie wasn't answering. She bit her nails. They were painted black, but they were chipped.
"You don't have to say anything. That was the reason I boxed him. What he said made me so angry. You should report him, he cant get away with something like that!" I said, trying to comfort her.

"I wanted to tell you the reason why we fought, but I was scared. I tried to defend you. This asshole has to be held accountable!" I said angry. I was so mad at him. I was mad at myself, for some reason. Maybe because it wasn't my responsibility. Maybe because I felt like it was my responsibility. Maybe because she didn't wanna talk about it and I made her do that.

"He was lying. Whatever he said, he was lying." She said. She was lying. I felt it. But I didn't want to pressure her into saying something she wasn't ready to say. But I knew Cole said the truth. And I hate him for that. I hate him for doing what he did to Cassie. I wanted to help her. But she wasn't ready for that.

"Okay, but if there is anything you want to tell me, I'm here." I said and she squeezed my hand and smiled at me.

We held our hands the whole ride. I was happy I didn't take the old convertible. I took the automatic, so I didn't even need my hand. I was able to hold her hand and make her feel safe. Stupid. I couldn't make her feel safe, it wasn't my position to do so. I wasn't her savior. Even if I wanted to be. She had to safe herself. And I had to safe myself.

We didn't talk the whole ride, but it was the comfortable silence, the silence that Cassie was radiating.

We arrived at the store Cassie had to pick up something. She didn't tell me what, but it was a store that sold prom dresses so I was pretty sure it was her prom dress. She didn't let me go in with her tho.

"It's a surprise! You cant see it!" She said and laughed. She acted normal again, as normal as Cassie acted.
"Dude you know I hate surprises!" I said. She just winked and went in the store and after ten minutes she came back.
She got a big bag of something, a bag you would get at a store for dresses. I was excited now, if im not allowed to know something I want to know it even more.

After that we got milkshakes. And then we drove down to the beach to watch the sunset. The Summer was coming closer so the nights were getting warmer, and the beaches got even more crowded.

We got to the car again and decided to play the game, but with questions that didn't trigger anxiety attacks. I felt bad for what I asked her. But I was too scared to apologize, I didn't want to bring it up again.

"What's your hidden talent?" She asked. I was curious for that one.
"I can write poems like a medieval poet." I said and laughed, and she laughed too, like she couldn't believe it.
"Yeah sure, and I'm Taylor swift." She said and laughed.
"Yeah, it's the truth. So whats your hidden talent, miss swift?" I said and boxed her shoulder.
"Umm, I make the best pancakes in the universe." She said and smiled at me.
"Really? I have to try them then!" I said and smiled. She smiled too.
"Well, then you have to write me a poem." She said and smiled even brighter than before.