𝟶𝟶𝟻

──────────chapter five ──────────

──────────
chapter five
──────────

NO TIME FOR GAMES

"ELI, THANK YOU FOR THE ROSES BUT

"ELI, THANK YOU FOR THE ROSES BUT...YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING ME" Natalia walked into the living room with Rebekah by her side. She just knew she wasn't seeing what she was seeing. A girl was dead on the table with blood draining from her neck and it was staining the 200-year-old carpet. Elijah looked up at his best friend with a solemn expression. He wasn't kidding, he was hungry after dedicating in a coffin for three months.  "And what is this? Vampire book club?" Rebekah placed her hands on her hips. "Reading edifies the mind, sister" Klaus flipped the page of his book then flicked his eyes to Elijah. "Isn't that right, Elijah?"

"Yes, that's quite right, Niklaus" Elijah answered. Natalia tightened her lips and sighed. "Well, before I lose my appetite I'm going to eat breakfast. Did you—" Elijah closed his book, "Yes, I got your cereal but you waste it by not portioning it." Elijah arose from his seat and follow her into the kitchen. "I do not waste it" Natalia rolled her eyes and walked over to the cabinet to grab a bowl. The cabinet was out of her reach so she tried jumping for it. She stopped when she heard stifled laughter behind her. "Quit it! It's too high up" Natalia frowned in embarrassment then moved out of the way so Elijah could get the bowl down for her. He simply shook his head and placed the bowl on the counter. "You couldn't use your abilities to get the bowl down?" He questioned while walking the the refrigerator to retrieve the milk. "I wanted to do it by myself" She rolled her eyes and brought the bowl and cereal over to the kitchen island.

"Were my siblings hospitable toward you while I was gone?" Elijah gently snatched away the cereal before she could pour it. Natalia scowled at him, "Rebekah was...Niklaus not so much" She carefully watched Elijah pour the milk into the bowl. "Can you pour more cereal, please?" She clasped her hands together and poked out her bottom lip. "Lia, you hate the taste of milk but refuse to eat dry cereal. I think this is enough cereal" Elijah closed the cereal and reached for the milk. "How has New Orleans been? I know since the 'accident' things have been" Elijah search for a word to use, "difficult"