𝟶𝟸𝟹

──────────chapter twenty three──────────

──────────
chapter twenty three
──────────

WEDDING BELLS AND HEARTBREAK

"THIS HAS TO BE THE EASIEST BET EVER

"THIS HAS TO BE THE EASIEST BET EVER." Kai scoffed as he wrapped his arms around his wife and nuzzled his nose into her neck. Natalia hummed and closed her eyes as she felt her body relax. "I mean like c'mon, all you have to do is see how long you can resist him and vice versa. You are Natalia Rosewood-Parker, the infamous actor, all you have to do is keep your eyes on me." her husband chuckled. Kai was actually enjoying the bet. It has been a while since he had alone time with her. It was always an excuse, 'Klaus needs me,' 'There is another threat,' 'I promise this is the last one.' It was frustrating to him that he was not the first in her life. He understood that she was busy, but she always made time for Klaus.

"As much as I want to spend time with you, today is Hayley's wedding."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"WHAT kind of bride doesn't have a bachelorette party?" Natalia teased Hayley as she and her sister, with drinks, entered the young hybrid's room. Hayley rolled her eyes but nevertheless smiled warmly at the sisters. "Narcissa, I also have a wedding dress for you, for the future of course." Rebekah winked at the Rosewood. Narcissa scoffed and took a long sip of her alcoholic beverage. "Why the reaction?" Rebekah knitted her eyebrows together. Natalia chuckled as she knew why her sister dreaded the thought of marriage.

"Because...I have already married one psycho to know, one is enough. Elijah is great and all, but I don't need an immortal psycho. Maybe one day, but now, I'm fine." Narcissa snapped her fingers together before pointing a finger gun at them. Hayley shook her head knowingly. She might not have known Narcissa for the longest time, but she knew enough to know she is a hopeless romantic. "How are you and my brother, Natalia? What does this bloody bet deal with?" Rebekah asked best friend.

"Niklaus and I are friends, nothing more. The bet is for my marriage with Kai, whether Niklaus knows it or not. We are supposed to resist each other. It will allow me to have more time with my husband without Niklaus being...well Niklaus. I haven't been a good wife lately, so I'm trying to do better." Natalia honestly admitted to the woman in the room. They didn't know how to respond to the sudden information. They wanted to tell her how much Klaus was hurting from the marriage and that the bet was worsening his pain, but they knew, she did the right thing.