𝟶𝟷𝟼

──────────chapter sixteen──────────

──────────
chapter sixteen
──────────

ALWAYS AND FOREVER

"AND WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" Klaus asked Natalia who ignored him walking towards Elijah

"AND WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?" Klaus asked Natalia who ignored him walking towards Elijah. She stood on the tip of her toes whispering something into his ear. Klaus scowled once he figured out he couldn't hear what they were discussing. "I refuse!" Elijah turned to her and pointed a finger at her. Natalia clenched her jaw slapping his hand away. The nosy vampires, in the abattoir, came running in once they heard the commotion. They had grown a liking to Natalia and were willing to fight an original for her. Klaus immediately rushed to them after seeing the things had escalated.

"A-Are you down right insane, Natalia?! This is your right—your legacy and you are going to give it away?" Elijah snapped stalking over her. Klaus slipped in between them pushing his brother back from Natalia. Elijah didn't dare move his eyes away from his friend and neither did she. "Let's tell the hybrid the news, shall we?" Klaus turned towards the Rosewood expectantly but she continued to stare at Elijah. "You wouldn't understand, Elijah! I don't have a lot of options!" she shoved Klaus out of the way as she approached the original. "Than make me understand! Better yet—" Elijah than sped her somewhere private to talk leaving everyone else in the room confused and angry.

"Let me hear it, I have time" the original, leaning up against a wall, crossed his arms over his chest. Natalia huffed trying to come up with an explanation to satisfy him. "I am a failure...I cannot win for losing" she started making the original soften his glare. "I basically stood there when my whole family was brutally killed and now they are stuck on the astral plain watching my life fall apart. I am a terrible mother, I don't have time for my kids. I am a bad friend. I don't even remember the last time we caught up, Eli. And-And I resent myself for even being Niklaus' soulmate. I'm selfish! I want to do everyone justice but I make everything worse! And I hate to feel sorry for myself but-but I have to—I need to do better...some days I want to go back in time and relive the past. Before I was all—selfish, and mean, and-and murderer"

Elijah pushed himself off of the wall and walked over to her. He knew he would be called a hypocrite for this later but he knew she needed to let go of her bottled up feelings. It deeply scared him that she felt this way about herself and he thought it was his fault. Elijah saw right through her, she has never been happy knowing that she was the cause to her family's downfall. Everyday she tried to make up for it but she was never satisfied. She gets lost inside her own mind, sometimes it can be helpful but not for her mental health. Elijah was the only one who could get through to her and right now, is his only chance before the extinction of the Rosewood bloodline.