𝟶𝟸𝟺

──────────chapter twenty four──────────

──────────
chapter twenty four
──────────

OLD DOGS TELL TALL TALES

"YOU SENT MY BROTHERS OFF TOO?" Natalia narrowed her eyes at Klaus's dark figure

"YOU SENT MY BROTHERS OFF TOO?" Natalia narrowed her eyes at Klaus's dark figure. She was furious that Klaus had sent her husband and her brothers away to Mystic Falls because he thought that was best for them. "I knew he needed back up, so I sent the best people for him. But, Rose, listen, I overheard Kai talking about this—this bloody merge and that he needed to go to Mystic Falls, so I sent him. I thought I was doing the right thing." Klaus sighed in defeat. The time he tries to do the right thing, it backfires. His soulmate was mad—scratch that—furious with him. He didn't know how he was going to dig himself out of this situation.

"Why couldn't you just mind your own business? There is a reason why I didn't want them in Mystic Falls, out of all places. You—You always ruin my plans! Can you just leave me alone, please?" Natalia took in a deep breath as she started to pace the room. How could he? How he mess up her life? She's done nothing but be faithful in her marriage, how could the universe repay her like this? She feared for her family. They were in Death Falls after all.

"Rose, I apologize. I'll bring them back." Klaus promised her. He walked over to her and placed his hands on her shoulders but she quickly brushed his hands off of her. "Don't touch me!" she snapped. Natalia took a step back from him and punched him in the face. "Listen, do not forget the entire reason I came to New Orleans. I came for Elijah and my family. I don't need you. I don't want you, Klaus. Just—Just stay away from me. Because everything thing you touch turns to rust."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"OF course I blame myself for Mikael's escape from Finn. But I also blame you for countless other things." Yet again, Natalia found herself arguing with Klaus, the one man she was trying to escape. She kept herself isolated since their shared agreement but it seems like Klaus loves to disturb her peace. She was trying to fix situations she had or hadn't caused because it was her nature, but every time she came close...she was interrupted. Maybe it wasn't her problems to fix. "I'm not blaming you for his escape. I'm blaming you for isolating yourself every time something doesn't go your way when you are more than capable to fix it. How are you so powerful yet so afraid of using your magic?"