𝟶𝟷𝟺

──────────chapter fourteen──────────

──────────
chapter fourteen
──────────

ADOPTION DAY

"CAN YOU LIKE—LEGALLY ADOPT US LIKE—RIGHT NOW" Josh hesitantly handed Natalia the papers to sign for the adoption

"CAN YOU LIKE—LEGALLY ADOPT US LIKE—RIGHT NOW" Josh hesitantly handed Natalia the papers to sign for the adoption. Reaching for a pen, she gazed up at her children in shock. "Are you guys sure?" she asked hovering the pen over the papers. Her children nodded excitedly waiting for her to write the signature. "Not only is it your dad's birthday but it is our adoption day...it is bitter sweet" Davina softly gazed at her. Natalia smiled sadly writing her signature on the papers. "Now, we are an official family"

"Well, I don't know about you guys...but I'm abbreviating my name. Timothy Kenner-Rosewood sounds powerful. I haven't told my deadbeat brother, Jackson, about it and frankly I don't intend to do so. He wants me to embrace my inner wolf—it's so cliche" Tim spoke in disgust before crawling into his mother's bed and snuggled next to her. Josh rolled his eyes leaning up against the wall. "Joshua Rosza-Rosewood sounds weird...I'll just go with Joshua Rosewood. I didn't like my birth parents anyway" he contemplated sliding down to the floor. Davina, on the other hand sat at the edge of the bed. "I like Davina Claire-Rosewood...speaking of Rosewood, where are your brothers? And if you don't mind me asking...where are your other siblings?" she spoke slowly watching her mother's face fall into a desperate sadness.

Natalia didn't know how to tell them the truth about her family. She had only spoken to Elijah about where they went when they died or even where their bodies were located. "Davina, remember when you died and you woke up in the ally?" she asked her making them look to her in curiosity. Where was she going with this? "Yes" Davina answered moving closer towards her mother. Josh wanted to know as well, so he pushed himself off of the floor and crawled into bed with them. "Well, let's just say my father did the same thing with my siblings. But they are stuck in an astral plain until I—" she stopped herself as the tears gathered in her eyes.

"Until you what?" Tim asked impatiently causing Josh to hit him upside the head. "Until I marry from the Gemini coven. It will combine our power making it easy for me to bring them back with all their power in tact. If I do it now—I will die because my siblings are like me just not as powerful because I have harvest magic but enough to be more powerful than other witches. Look, I have been looking for the ascendant because the one I have to marry is stuck in a prison world." Natalia admitted allowing tears to fall down her face. They did not know how to respond to the secrets she had bestowed upon them.