Chapter 9~ Unpleasant news.

( BRENDA'S POV )

Nothing can describe how I feel right now. My entire body was shaking, and I couldn't find the strength to even move. I felt numb, and sore... and helpless. 

"You really thought Todd was going to take you seriously? You're pathetic!" Sasha laughed as she threw me my clothes. 

I gripped onto my jacket and clenched my jaw. I hated him, he lied to me.. and took advantage of me. Evelyn was right... I am stupid. 

I was about to leave this hell hole when I heard a familiar voice.

"Todd! Where she is?! Let her go!" 

An evil laugh emitted from Todd before he replied. 

"Evelyn.. baby... all you have to do is be with me... then your friend is free to go." 

"In your dreams... I made a mistake being with you, and i'm never going back there again. Now where. is. Brenda?" 

I heard footsteps before the door swung opened, revealing an angry Evelyn, and a smirking Todd.

"Brenda!" 

I gasped as she embraced me in a tight hug. 

"Evelyn, i'm sorry." I whispered shakily. 

She shook her head and helped me with my clothes. 

"No, I'm sorry.. this is all my fault. "

A tear slowly rolled down my cheeks as she tried to help me up. But I slid back down and started sobbing.  

"Can you guys have your little girl cry somewhere else? It's annoying." Todd rolled his eyes. 

Evelyn clenched her fist, and before I knew it, she brought it up to his face and he tumbled to the ground, cupping his cheek. 

"Bitch! What the hell was that?!" 

"Payback!" Evelyn retorted. 

He then grabbed her leg and punched her guts. She groaned and kicked him in the face. He grabbed both her arms and slammed her against the wall, punched her jaws a few times before ripping her sweater apart. When his hands moves further down, she grabbed his wrist and blew a punch on his jaw. He stumbled backwards, and before he can react, she kicked him rougly in the ribs multiple times. 

"You'll pay for this! I will make sure your life is miserable!" 

Evelyn gritted her teeth. 

"I'd to see you try." and with that, she dragged me out of his house. 

( EVELYN'S POV )

"I'm sorry." I whispered as I handed her a warm glass of water. 

"You didn't do anything wrong." 

I felt the guilt eating my insides as I gazed at my best friend's swollen lips. 

"Did he.. go all the way?" 

She bit her lips nervously and nodded. 

I winced at the thought and embraced her in a hug. 

"Look, you stay here for tonight and sleep tight. I'll sleep on the couch. If you need anything, just tell me okay?" 

Once again she nodded and gave me another hug before tucking herself in bed. She was still shaking but I can tell she was trying to hide it. 

I gave her a reassuring smile that everything will be okay before grabbing my pillow and heading to the living room. 

As soon as I walked into the main room, I crashed into 5 bodies.