Chapter 19~ Reunion with mom & More texts.

(LORA'S POV) 

I paced back and forth in the operation room, eagerly waiting for my brother to come out. He's been in there for 48 hours and still, there was no news.  I buried my face in my hand and started sobbing, not knowing what to do. 

"Lora, you have to calm down, everything is going to be fine." 

I looked up, revealing my mother-in-law. 

"I nodded and sat back on the chair." 

Moments later, a familiar figure ran in with a curly haired boy. When her gaze met mine, my heart sank. She narrowed her eyes at me and parted her lips. 

"Babe?"

She quickly tore her gaze from me and turned to him. 

"Haz, can you go get me a bottle of water?" 

He knitted his eyebrows together but nodded. She gave him a kiss before he walked off. When he was out of sight, she turned her attention back to me. 

"Mom?" 

(EVELYN'S POV)

 I couldn't believe my eyes. The woman I missed and loved so much was sitting right in front of me. I wanted to jump on her and embrace her in a hug. But at the same time, I hated her, and never wanted to see her again.

"Hi honey."

I bit my lip and nodded. "Hi."

She got up and opened her arms, but I stood there, completely frozen. Just as I was about to open my arms, the lights went off and the doors opened. 

The doctors came out with Uncle Simon. He had a huge bandage covering his entire head and his eyes were bruised. 

"Simon!" My mom yelled. 

I ran after them and followed my uncle into his room. 

room 213.

**

The doctor started telling me about his condition while my mom spent time with her brother. 

"Mr.Cowell's condition was at risk when he was rushed to the emergency room."

I was afraid to asked, but I had to know. "What hit him?"

He had a sorrow look in his eyes before he cleared his throat. "A beer bottle. There were many pieces of glass stuck in his head, so we operated on him. He is in stable condition right now, however." He paused and placed his hand on my shoulder. 

"The chances of him waking up is very slight. So please... prepare yourself for the worst."

As soon as those words escaped his lips, I nodded and walked away. I don't think I will be able to handle it if my uncle left me too..

After my mom left, I sat down next to him and grabbed his hand. 

"I'm sorry..."  I sobbed.

To be honest, I feel like that's the only thing I can say to him. I couldn't think of anything else. 

I sat there for a few more minutes until Harry emerged from the vending machine. 

"Here's your water babe."

I smiled gracefully at boyfriend before kissing his cheek. He then turned his attention to Uncle Simon's sleeping figure.

"Everything is going to be okay." He whispered, pressing kisses to my temple. 

Let's just hope he's right.

**TWO WEEKS LATER** 

"Okay Miss Clarke, the kitchen has been replaced, and is newer than ever. I've also set up a few alarms and a security camera just in case this happens again."