Chapter 17~ Life in the country.

(MASON'S POV)

"I'm telling you man, Evelyn is off limits!"  I warned. 

Ashton smiled. "Is she hot?" 

I rolled my eyes at him and threw a water bottle at him. "She is my best friend, and you guys can't date her. got that?" 

He chuckled. "Are you in love with her or something?" 

"No, but she is like a sister to me, so just promise me!" I started to get impatient with his games. 

He helf his hands up in defeat. "Okay, I promise I won't  hit on your super hot best friend." 

I shook my head and parted my lips to reply, but was interrupted when a baby blue convertible pulled up in front of the cottage. 

"Evelyn!" I exclaimed. 

She got out of her car and flashed me a big smile before leaping onto my like a spidermonkey. 

I laughed and spun her around. 

"Oh my gosh Mason! I miss your hugs!" 

I smiled into her hair and kiss her head. "I miss yours too!" 

After hugging for a few minutes, Ashton coughed, waiting for me to introduce them. 

Evelyn smiled and held out her hand. He shook it and smirked at her. 

"Hello beautiful! You must be Evelyn! Mason here hasn't stopped talking about you --- " I groaned and covered his mouth, trying to stop him from being stupid.

 She shook her head and laughed, just as her cell phone went off. Her eyes lit up when she looked at the screen. 

"Hey babe!" She chirped. 

"Yeah, I just got here!" 

"Of course I remembered!" 

A blush formed on her cheeks. "Shut up Haz."

 Suddenly, her expression went from shy to cheery. 

"I miss you too boobear! and tell the other boys I said hi! I really gotta go." 

"Oh yeah Harry. did Uncle Simon read the letter yet?" Her eyes widen. "He's angry?"

 "I'm sure he'll be fine soon." 

"Yeah, I really have to go, I'll webcam you tomorrow okay? Good luck on tonight's show! I will be watching." She smirked.

 "Yes, I'm sure you will look sexy as hell." 

She laughed and said another good-bye before returning her attention back to us. 

"Well... let's go in?" 

I nodded and grabbed her luggage before leading her into the cottage. "Grams! Evelyn is here!" 

Moments later, my grandma walked out of her bedroom with a huge smile plastered on her face.

"Evelyn! Sweetie! Welcome back! I miss you!" 

"Oh, Grams, I missed you too!" She replied, hugging the older lady. 

"Now that we're all here, let's start dinner!" 

(EVELYN'S POV)

After we ate a delicious homemade meal, Mason led me to my old bedroom and left me to unpack. The country was nothing like the city. It was so much more quiet and peaceful, and best of all.. it's drama free. 

Fifteen minutes later, all my clothes were put away and I was laying on my bed, reading a book, when my cell phone went off. 

Uncle Simon.