endings, beginnings

Things might get a little emotional here, so have your tissues ready. Amara and Erik are finally tying the knot but first we'll be taking a glimpse at their bachelor and bachelorette parties. Nothing to really warn you guys about, just pure fluff here and so many feelings. Enjoy the story! :)

When it came to the much anticipated bachelor and bachelorette parties, both Erik and Amara had asked their best man and maid of honor to keep things rather, well, low key. Neither of them wanted anything too crazy and had promised the other that there would be minimal, if any, alcohol consumption. Not that Midgardian ales could get Amara drunk, thanks to her having some Jotun blood in her veins. It wasn't impossible though, it just took a little more than the average human. It was also agreed upon that there would be no strippers for either of them, as that simply wasn't their scene. They both trusted each other, which was certainly a good thing-especially with the wedding happening in less than a month now. Three and a half weeks to be exact.

Maddie had opted to plan a fun girl's night for the bride and the beautiful bridesmaids. After all, she was sure that with all of that avenging the women did, they probably didn't have much time at all to pamper themselves. Massages, facials, mani's and pedi's; just a little glimpse of the spa treatment that would be happening that night. Not to mention the plans to lounge around in the hot tub while sipping on champagne and engaging in some girl talk without the guys around. When Maddie informed the bride to be of the plans, Amara was ecstatic about it and couldn't wait to get started. In fact, she had teleported herself into her room and changed clothes to be in something much more functional for the occasion-slipping her black bikini on underneath her favourite summer dress, a gorgeous ruffled spaghetti strapped sapphire blue cotton maxi dress.

Once things got started, all five women had such a blast and had never felt as relaxed as they were right then. The massages were very much needed, soothing those stiff and aching muscles and joints due to battle after battle and strenuous hours of training on top of that. They sipped on refreshing cucumber water while waiting for their facial masks to work their magic on their skin, Amara opting for a hydrating almond milk and oatmeal mask, Nat and Brunhilde going for something to lift out impurities and Wanda and Maddie deciding to see just how much a coffee mask could awaken their pretty faces. Now this, they could certainly do every day or at least on weekends and once her and Erik got settled into their newlywed lives, Amara hoped that her bestie and her honorary aunts could do such get together's every now and then. After suggesting the thought, it had quickly become a plan to which the details would get sorted out later on.

Facials had been quite a rejuvenating experience and the ladies had tried out every facial mask the spa had, smudging gobs of each on each other's faces and especially targeting Amara, making some fun of their own. There were shrieks and giggles filling the room and none of them stopped until the bride's face was covered with various masks on her face. Feeling winded, Amara panted a little after wrestling to get her wedding party off of her, fearing that using her magic on anyone but Maddie could be catastrophic and so she had eventually succumbed to letting them put the various textures on her. Now with that out of the way, it was time to get those hard working hands and feet some much needed tender, loving care. The very moment those toes sunk into the warm water, enriched with Epsom salt that smelled of lavender, every single woman in the wedding party had let out a sigh of relief. Their cuticles had been worked and nails filed, followed by some leg and hand massages before their nails got painted with a clear coat and white tips on both their hands and feet; they had all decided to do matching nails. By the end of the spa session, they had felt so much better than they previously had going in. Now, it was time for a good gab session, getting the weight of some stresses and such off their shoulders and the rest of it quickly turning into a (sometimes wild) game of "never have I ever" while sipping on some bubbly and letting the warmth of the hot tub sink absorb into their bodies; the perfect way to end the evening before they retired for the night, but that wasn't without a good old fashioned pillow fight.