look into my eyes with those beautiful baby blues

You were frantically running around the house trying to make sure that everything was in order for the arrival of your little one, and began to think that the place seemed a little dirty, despite the fact that you had been religiously cleaning and organizing it for a couple of months now. Needless to say, your nesting instincts were definitely locked into overdrive, and it hadn't gone unnoticed by Loki, the way you would work yourself to the point of exhaustion greatly worried him. He had to make you sit down more than once, stressing that you "need to take it easy love," and insisting that "everything was just fine," as well as assuring you that he would be more than happy to do up the nursery however you wanted it; which he did a marvellous job on, making it look even better than you could ever have imagined and had added some stylish flare to it, making it suitable for both a prince or a princess.

You were becoming so impatient waiting for the day that baby number two decided to make their grand entrance into the world, and to make matters worse, felt so uncomfortable that no matter what position you sat in, your stubborn little bundle of joy just wouldn't leave your poor, achy ribs alone.

Amara was eager to meet her new sibling, and was currently in her room, digging through her toy box looking for a special toy that she had been given from the very day that she was born and played with it occasionally before deciding that it should be retired to the toy chest for safe keeping instead, wanting it to be kept in tip-top  condition. Loki had walked by the room after spending a few minutes in the nursery to give it another look over after you had barked at him to ensure that you had everything you needed, feeling like there was something you both were forgetting; which of course there wasn't, it was just a figment of your imagination thanks to the pregnancy brain fog that you had been experiencing more than you'd like to admit. He stopped in her doorway and watched her dig through the chest for a few seconds before deciding to confront her about what she was searching for in such a rushed manner.

"Hello princess, what are you trying to find," he questioned, leaning up against the doorframe while slightly arching a brow at her in curiosity.

"I'm trying to find Pookie," she spoke, while still reaching into the mounds of toys, and then finally found the small white teddy bear that she had been seeking, giving it a tight hug before going up to Loki with it and offered him the bear.

Loki was seemingly confused for a moment about why his daughter thought it needed it, but took the bear from her anyway, not wanting to upset her in anyway. She smiled softly at him and then proceeded to explain that she wanted her father to put the bear in the hospital bag so that way "the baby could have it." He smiled back at her and pressed a kiss to her cheek while lifting her up into his arms, carrying her over to the foyer where the bag was kept ready to go at any moment and lifted it up from the floor, handing her the bear for her to place inside herself; which she was more than happy to do, feeling so giddy afterwards about the sweet gesture that she had made.

Loki was about to set Amara down at the dining room table when he suddenly heard a cry of agony coming from the living room and became very concerned, quickly lowering Amara back onto the floor and rushed into the room to see you pressing a hand onto your bump, with a very pained expression on your face.

"Love, is it time now," he asked, kneeling down in front of you by the couch, and holding your free hand in his own.

"I think so," you hissed in pain, feeling yet another contraction, certain that they were getting more frequent by the minute with the way you were feeling.

Without a moment's hesitation, Loki helped you up and rushed to the main entrance to grab the hospital bag, all while trying to get a hold of Thor to come watch Amara while the two of you went to the hospital and grew very impatient while waiting for his brother to pick up his phone, growling softly to himself at each ring that was made.