two questions and a song

A/N: We're getting so close to Amara and Erik getting hitched! I can't wait but first we have to explore the wedding planning and of course, continue on with Axel and Loki, seeing what fatherly advice is offered before he asks Maddie out. How will all of this go? You'll have to read on to find out. No warnings or anything, just pure fluff and perhaps some of this might be a little cheesy but otherwise please enjoy! :) Thank you all for supporting and reading my work, it truly means so much to me and keeps me motivated to keep writing. 

A bit from the last chapter

Oh, did Loki ever have all sorts of advice for his son and he couldn't wait to share it with him. "Let's go sit down in your room son, this will take some time," he had suggested, walking into the room with Axel. 

~~~~~

They seated themselves on the bed and then after a brief moment of silence, Loki decided to to start things off. He cleared his throat gently. "The first thing you need to do is to be real with her. That's a very attractive quality to have and I'm sure that Maddie will appreciate if you're upfront with her," he said, a small smile on his face. Axel nodded in understanding and then locked eyes with his father. "That's sound advice dad, but what do I do about the nerves? I'm terrified of messing up in front of her. I really like her and don't want her to think of me as some sort of blabbering fool." The fears that he held came through loud and clear in his voice, which was a bit shaky and if that wasn't enough, one could see it in his eyes. Loki placed a delicate hand on his son's shoulder and appeared to be thoughtful for a moment before responding. "Try not to think about that. I know that once you gaze into her eyes, all of your worries will melt away, that's exactly what happened when I courted your mother. Oh, and speaking of which, ask her out in that manner. Say 'may I court you' instead of this more modernized language, it'll be so much more romantic and be sure to offer her flowers or something small like that. Something that you know she'll really like, just a small gesture to show how much you appreciate her. Also, I'd suggest wearing something that makes you feel so confident and of course, don't forget that charming smile. It'll make her melt and she won't be able to resist you. It's worked for me as you can see," he smirked proudly, recalling how he managed to take you out on a date, that had since wound up with him marrying you. 

Axel smiled more and felt a bit better about what he was about to do within the next day or two, glad that he could have this talk with his father. "Thank you dad, that helps a lot," he said, leaning forward to give him a hug. Loki hugged back. "I'm always here whenever you need me son, please remember that." They lingered in the hug for a moment longer and then Axel slowly pulled away to go back to his previous position. Then, Loki remembered another little tidbit or two that he had forgotten to mention. "Oh, and before I forget, be patient with her once you start dating. Don't make her feel pressured to do anything and always, I can't stress this enough, be a perfect gentleman to her, treat her the same way you would your mother and always remember that you should be the kind of man that you would want your child dating. Think of her as your princess and look after her, but also be careful that you don't overwhelm her or make her feel like you're taking away her independence. This world is rotten enough and no one needs to feel worse than they already do." 

Axel nodded softly. "Of course dad. I will be sure to keep that in mind and it won't be hard to do. After all, I've had the best role model anyone could ever ask for," he smiled fondly. Loki smiled back and gave his son an affectionate pat on the back. "Thank you Axel, that means a lot to hear that." He then rose up from his spot on the bed and headed towards the door, already having a feeling that despite how well this talk went, his son would end up feeling nervous about the ordeal yer. So, he decided to orchestrate a little plan of his own to help things along. All he would need to is pay attention as to the exact day that Axel would attempt this courting and perhaps a few more people to come along for the thrill; more so, the rest of Axel's family and perhaps Maddie's as well.