just a little taste of your own medicine

A/N: The long awaited continuation of the story. It's payback time. Enjoy guys. 

Amara continued to sob into her pillow and ignored the knock on her door, still wanting to be left alone. She felt so stupid for not listening to her father, who was clearly just looking out for her well-being. She didn't want to be blaming herself but with her current situation, the teen felt it appropriate to do so. "Amara sweetheart, may I please come in," her father's voice consented on the other side of the door, which was full of sincere concern for his little princess. Amara wiped her tears away, but they didn't seem to want to stop coming. "I don't care," she hoarsely said, her tone lacking any emotion whatsoever. Seconds later, the door slowly swung open and in walked Loki, closing the door behind him. He made his way over to her bed and took a seat down beside her, placing a consoling hand on her shoulder. "He broke your heart didn't he pumpkin," he queried, already knowing the answer deep within himself. Amara sniffed and stayed silent for a moment, before sitting up and looking at her father. "Yes. You were right dad, all he wanted from me was just a quick lay and to play these hurtful mind games. I wish I would've listened to you, this is all my fault," she said, her voice breaking and as she was about to continue, she was soon interrupted as her father interjected.

"No honey, you mustn't blame yourself. You're young and you were in love, like we all are at some point. Consider this as a learning opportunity and grow from it my dear. Please know that you're beautiful, strong and worth so much more than what this boy could ever offer you. You are my daughter after all," he advised her, with a small smirk on his face as he finished. Amara cracked a smile, just a little one, but it was still something. Loki was relieved to see this and was happy that he was making a difference to lift her broken spirits. She glanced downward for a moment and sniffed a little more, wiping those last few tears away before pulling her dad into a tight embrace. "Thank you dad, for everything that you do for me. I may not show it, but I am truly grateful for it and I am proud to call you my father," she softly said, still hugging him. Loki hugged her back and smiled to himself, fighting tears of joy back from the sweet words that she had just spoken to him. "I'm proud to call you my daughter my dear and I will continue to do anything for you that is required of me, because I love you. My little princess," he responded wholeheartedly, pulling back from the hug just enough to look lovingly into her piercing blue-green eyes.

As he looked at her, he saw so much of himself within her and vowed that she wouldn't have to feel so lost as he once did at her age, he would be there for her no matter what she was going through; a promise he had also made to her the very day she was born. "I'll make you a cup of tea if you'd like sweetheart," he offered, needing a reason to be alone with his thoughts. Amara nodded in response and gave him a small smile. "That sounds lovely dad, thank you." Loki leaned forward and pressed a gentle kiss to her cheek, smiling softly at her afterwards as he rose up to his feet and made his way over to the door, heading down to the kitchen. He knew that her wounds wouldn't be healed just yet, it would take some time and quite frankly, he knew that from experience. As he waited for the water to come to a boil, Loki began to think of the numerous ways that he could take vengeance on Jax, a dark smirk growing on his features as each scenario played out in his mind. There were so many things that he could do to this boy, which had included giving him nightmares that would haunt him forever, looking into his mind to find out what he was truly afraid of and of course, just simply stabbing him until he begged for mercy. Loki was still deep in his thoughts, only coming back to reality once the sound of the kettle whistling stirred him from it. He took it off the burner and poured some water into Amara's favourite mug, letting the tea steep for a moment while he searched for a little treat for her; something that he knew would lift her spirits a bit more, one of her favourite sweets to enjoy as a young girl. Moments later, he was now bringing Amara her tea and enticing treat up to her room, carefully setting the two items down onto her bedside table for her. "I've brought you an apple scone my dear," he informed her, with a soothing and loving tone to his voice and a soft smile on his face. Amara smiled back and took a bite of the scone, delicately putting it back down onto the saucer. "It's delicious, thank you dad," she warmly said, soon taking a sip of her tea. Loki nodded gingerly and then went on his way after being sure that she was going to be alright. After all, she was still a teenage girl who wanted her alone time.