32. [Let's Play A Game]

[Song Above: Bad Blood by Creature Feature]

"I'm sorry- WHAT?!"

He flinched slightly but he wasn't surprised at Kondraki's reaction. He didn't say anything, he just let Kondraki take in the information.

"I- I thought that was just a made up SCP to keep people from knowing the true 001?"

"No, he's real. Manifests as a darker version of me."

"Like an evil twin?"

"Something like that, yeah."

"...No... You're fucking with me. This is just a sick joke." Kondraki backed away slightly, a guarded look invading his expression. 

"Wha- Kon, why would I joke about something like this?"

"Because you're a liar."

Clef paused, a heartbeat passed. This isn't him talking... It can't be... Did the King get to him somehow? Why? What's the point?

Yeah, sure. Keep lying to yourself. No. No! You're the one who's lying! MY Konny would never say these things about me! How can you be sure? You didn't even know yourself. I might not know myself but I DO know Ben.

"Look. I have to interview you so come on." Clef followed him out of the room hesitantly, he isn't sure if this is Kondraki talking or not. 

They settled down at a table in a private room, Kondraki pressing the record button on a audio recorder. The interview commences.

Simple questions:

How do you feel? How is 239? Why'd you do it? What were you after?

A few flirtatious comments here, a few targeted quips there. More accusations of lies but Clef figured that was the Scarlet King talking. And he gives into that stinging name, he lies through his teeth, turning the interview into a game. He would't give into the stupid plays of the Scarlet King, he wasn't gonna sit down and take this shit. 

With each playful, humorous lie, the King gets more annoyed. But they both have to keep up the act or face containment. And next thing Clef knows, the King grabs him by the neck and smashes his head against the table nine times before dropping him like a rag doll. 

And just before Clef loses consciousness, he grins.

I won this time.

I won.