22. [Act Of Bravery & New Desires]

[Song Above: Pork Soda by Glass Animals]

Back at 17, Bright was waiting for both of them. Grumbling, the immortal shoved a stack of money into an eager Kondraki's hands.

"Fuck yeah!" The brunette chuckled, counting the money.

"I hate you." Bright hissed in a sassy manner.

Clef watched Kondraki silently, a calm, euphoric aura piercing his composure. He jerked from his daze, half-lidded eyes snapping wide.

Oh fuck off.

What?

I am NOT staying here for this shit. I'm out!

What??

Go have fun, shithead.

What the fuck is with you? Hello?

Clef picked at his nails as he received no response. What's that supposed to mean?

"To celebrate Kondraki's lethal act of bravery, let's party. I have a place in mind." Bright started, shoving his hands in his pockets.

"That's not necessary, Bright—." The blonde tried to decline but Kondraki interrupted him, sending a cheeky smirk his way.

"That sounds like a lot of fun!"

"Great! Meet here at like... seven." The immortal ordered, turning on his heel and racing off into the site.

When the clock struck seven, Clef and Kondraki met up and went to the entrance. Kondraki chose to not bring the 408 swarm with them.

Bright was waiting with a few others: Gears, Iceberg, Rights, Gerald, Light, and King. What's the apple seed guy doing here? Light too? Where's Glass and Crow? Wait, this might be in the public so Crow is understandable but Glass? Maybe he's busy?

"Come on!" Bright shouted in excitement, scurrying off towards Clef's car.

"Excuse me?" The blonde hissed at him.

"Oh, just ride with Kondraki! Keys!"

"No," Clef found himself glancing at Kondraki for confirmation, only to find the brunette giving him a pleading look. "Urg, fine." Clef sighed and threw his car keys at the immortal.

Gerald, Rights, Light, and King piled in with Bright. Clef snorted when he heard Gerald faintly mutter, "I wanted to drive."

Gears and Iceberg took a separate car, while the pair left got in Kondraki's. Clef settled in his usual place in Benjamin's car, the passenger seat.

The ride to wherever Bright was leading them was short but it felt like forever to the blonde. He found himself glancing Kondraki's way, the weird, electrified feeling buzzed in the air between them like it did when they shared their first kiss.

Even after exiting the car upon arrival, the feeling didn't waver, it got worse. It grew more and more intense to the point Clef was feeling buried in the building pressure and burning excitement. What is this? Why do I feel like this? I've never felt anything in comparison...

Stalking behind the burly photographer, Clef watched his nervous pace. The brunette could feel this strange feeling too, Should I address it? Maybe he's choosing not to address it for a reason?

The place Bright brought them to turned out to be a bar with a dance floor and everything. There weren't many people there, but there was definitely a crowd. All drinking and dancing and laughing, the works.

Clef chose to sit at the bar, Kondraki followed. Bright hurried by, immediately ordering something strong from the bartender. The pair watched in surprise as the immortal downed it in one go and ran off into the crowd, yelling the whole way.

The blonde ordered something light, he didn't want to deal with a hangover. He quietly sipped on his drink while Kondraki ordered himself a light drink.

Clef absentmindedly studied the painting on the wall behind the bartender. It was a snake that coiled around a tree with hands for leaves. He froze for a minute, trying to get Bright's attention.

The blonde quietly asked Bright, as to not get the attention of the bartender, why he knew about this place.

"Myyyyyy sISTERRR!" The immortal slurred heavily, stumbling sideways.

"Okay, go away now." Clef sighed and pushed Bright away. Said immortal went stumbling into the crowd, giggling like an idiot.

As soon as Clef's attention was back on Kondraki, the static came back, only much worse this time. His fingers itched and his spine felt electrified, his face went red-hot as the feeling crept through his bloodstream.

The feeling would not subside, he didn't know what to do. He ran his hands down his face, sighing heavily. What the fuck is this god forsaken feeling?

Sexual tension, Alto.

What? No, I'm not doing anything with Konny, I haven't even touched him!

Goddammit, you fucking idiot, you don't need to touch him to have the tension build up. It's unspoken, and you both desiring each other doesn't help at all.

What do I do to stop it?

...

Answer me!

Act on it.

Clef pulled at his bangs in frustration, sending a quick glance at Kondraki. The brunette wasn't even paying any attention, he was looking off toward the others.

He took a deep breath, shifting his stool closer to the brunette. He stared at his shaky hand before inching closer to the distracted man. Clef screwed his eyes shut, planting his hand down on Kondraki's thigh.

The brunette jolted, swinging around to see what Clef was doing. "Alto?"

Clef cracked his eyes open but still refused to look at Benjamin. He shifted his hand, sliding it higher and gripped hard at Kondraki's lab coat. He turned himself, looking at the man with half-lidded, lust filled eyes, shoving his other hand into the dark locks on Kondraki's head.

He nearly shrieked when Kondraki slid a hand along his side, the taller whispered lowly in his ear, "This ain't a good idea."

Clef slid his hand from its place in the mop of hair, down to Kondraki's chest. The electrified air crackled, despair fueling Clef's heart at the thought of letting this feeling continue without being snuffed out.

Kondraki pulled away a bit, scanning for their comrades. The others were all dancing and chatting up a storm, clearly too busy to notice if the pair suddenly got up and left.

Kondraki looked back at the helpless blonde, studying his gaze intensely. The taller was blushing faintly, thinking about how the look he was being given was like aphrodisiac to him.

Kondraki grabbed Clef's face in both hands, pulling him closer, "This really isn't a good idea, Alto. But... Alice won't find out anytime soon, and our marriage has already gone to shit... so why not?"

Clef frowned at Kondraki's thoughtful grumbling, before he could say anything though, the brunette dragged him off his stool and out of the bar. No one noticed their disappearance.

They got in their respective seats in the car, Kondraki stepping on the gas to get home as fast as possible.

Eager to relieve the tension, Clef tugged lightly at the driver's clothes. Kondraki gently pushed his greedy hands away, sighing in excitement, "Not yet, Cleffy."

Pouting in defeat, Clef started unbuttoning his Hawaiian shirt. He got down to halfway before Kondraki noticed.

Bubbling with laughter, the brunette yelled, "NO, NO, KEEP THAT ON— KEEP THAT ON!"

Back at 17, the pair hastily made their way to Kondraki's apartment, hand in hand. Kondraki fumbled with his keys, trying to open the door as fast as he could.

As soon as the door swung open, the pair stumbled inside. Kondraki locked it behind them, turning to face his lusting beloved.