33. [Ten Years In The Blink Of An Eye]

[Song Above: True Love by P!nk]

While Clef was in intensive care, Kondraki apologized profusely. He hadn't known what came over him and he never imagined himself doing that to Alto. 

"I know, dummy. It was the Scarlet King."

"You think?"

"Mhm. I do."

In the year that followed, they would build a stable relationship. They spent a lot of time together, dates and such. Bright would hang with them some of the time but he would always leave halfway through the hangout session as he felt like a third wheel. Their relationship was relatively hush-hush, only close friends knew about it and even then, it was the bare minimum of information.

The year after, they started getting bored. They began to exchange pointed banter and then flip the next moment to lovey-dovey comments. 

Year three, it started being less friendly and more backhanded. They still loved each other though. An exchange like "FUCK YOU" and "MAYBE LATER" wasn't uncommon.

Year four, they grew lovey-dovey again. A lot of fluff and romance. 

Year five, back to the swinging moods of sappy romance to wanting to strangle each other.

This continued for five more years. 

But sadly, all good things must come to an end.