10. [Intermission: What Was Unseen]

[Song Above: Sweater Weather by The Neighborhood //Slowed Version// ]

Back in the present...

Clef faltered in his tale telling. He smiled down at the butterfly that crawled across his knuckles. He glanced over at his two eager listeners.

"Woah, I never knew you two were friends. I've only ever heard of you being mortal enemies. I never would've thought..." James mumbled in awe, he was shocked to say the least.

Draven was squinting, trying to piece together what Clef just told them and what he saw from his father.

"Your father told me that during our break at Site 19, he decided to go talk to Gears and Iceberg while I was busy." Clef began again.

"Busy with what?" Draven asked, picking at his wrist cuffs.

"I'll get to that later. Anyway, he was talking about who knows what and he said he noticed a weird air around them."

"What did he mean by that?" Draven squinted, not trusting that was something his father would say.

"He had a theory that they were secretly together. Like you and James, but private." Clef looked away, he didn't want to mention yet that he had a relationship like that with the kid's dad.

"I could see it. They seemed awfully close." James shrugged, looking thoughtful.

"I believed him." Clef gained a soft look in his eyes, one of longing.

Clef shook his head, "Any questions so far?"

Draven perked up, "Yes, actually..." He pulled a folded picture out of his pocket, unfolding it and handing it to the three eyed blonde.

"Is that you?" The brunette asked calmly, pointing to the mysterious figure in the image.

Clef held the photo in one hand, eyes wide. "Yeah, where'd you find this?"

"It was framed and hidden in my father's bedroom."

Clef's eyes pricked with tears, "Konny..." He ran his thumb up and down the image.

It was the picture Draven took in 408's containment cell. Kondraki had his arm draped across Clef's shoulders, though Alto's head was replaced with that of a pitch black goat with long, spiraled horns and blood red eyes.

The butterfly fluttered off of Clef's fingers, landing on the image. Clef shut his eyes slowly, sighing softly.

"Your daughter is an SCP?" James asked, sounding gentle and not too pushy. Clef nodded silently.

"How can I trust you? Everyone else says you two hated each other. How do I know you're not lying?" Draven hissed suddenly, a dark look on his face. Great, I've offended him. He thinks I'm lying!

"I'm not."

"YOU CAN'T JUST EXPECT ME TO AGREE THAT MY DAD HID THIS SHIT FROM ME!" Draven snarled, James grabbed onto his arm to keep him held back.

"Honey, calm down. Please." James soothed Draven, who in turn cupped his cheek.

"Kid. He hid a lot from even the closest of people. You have to understand he hid things from me too." Clef opened his eyes and stared off into the distance, a dull look in his gaze.

"Don't tell me he meant you..." Draven spoke in a quiet tone.

Clef looked over, interested and curious. "What do you mean? Did he say something to you about me?"

Draven exchanged a look with James, "When he met James for the first time...He accidentally mentioned having a relationship with someone because his marriage with my mom got strained. I think he might've meant you."

Clef looked at the ground, thoughts flickering in his heterochromatic eyes. He pulled his hat's visor down over his face, a grin splashing across his features. He started to laugh lightly, muttering in between his fit of hysteria.

"Oh, Konny... How'd you slip up to the point he figured that out? Fuck, to think I thought we kept it under wraps pretty well!" He shook his head slowly, talking to the butterfly that had started to flutter in the air.

His laughter halted when the insect landed on his nose. Just like old times. He shooed it away, in which it promptly crawled up onto his fluffy bangs.

"Shall we get back to the story?"

The pair nodded, eager to hear what happens next.