3. [Talk]

[Song above: Pigeon by Cavetown]

Clef paced around his office. He grasped at his lab coat. He sat down in his chair. Clef fiddled with the trigger of his beloved shotgun.

The metal shone in the lighting. He set the gun on the floor and hastily began scribbling words onto a piece of paper.

Tears streamed down his face. They dripped onto the paper, the pen ink smearing. Clef tried to clear his blurry vision, to no avail.

He crumpled the failed suicide note and threw it in his trash can.

Jeez, you can't do anything right, can you Alto? Such a failure, no wonder no one cares about you. I need to talk to Glass some time soon...

Clef took his hat off, dropping it to the floor. He set his head on his desk and sobbed, tugging at his hair. He heard a knock on his door.

He looked around at the mess of his office he had made. He hastily wiped his tears and opened the door. To Clef's surprise, Dr.Glass stood there.

The blonde looked concerned, his glassy blue eyes filled with worry.

"W-What? Glass? What're you doing here?" Clef shook his head in confusion.

"Um, Kondraki sent me here," He looked down.

"Why?" Clef squinted.

"He was worried about you."

"Well, I don't nee—..." He was cut off by Glass pushing him aside and forcing his way into the office.

"Let's talk. It doesn't matter if you don't need help, it's always good to talk about what's on your mind." Glass gestured to the chair.

Clef closed the door and sat down, he was uncomfortable. Glass sat down on Clef's desk.

"Kondraki said you got really upset at the mention of your daughter." Glass studied his gaze, gauging Clef's reaction.

Clef swallowed even though his mouth was dry.

"This doesn't leave this room, right?"

"Right."

"SCP-166 is my daughter. It's sorta my fault she's in here. I killed her mother when I worked for the GOC. I took 166 to a convent where she then grew up. She then was captured after her abilities were revealed. I feel like she hates me, I'll never find out for sure because I can't go see her." Tears started to fall down Clef's face again.

"I feel awful..." Clef sobbed.

Dr.Glass set his hand on Clef's shoulder, an attempt at comforting him.

Clef hugged himself. He breathed shakily.

"You can tell this to Kondraki..."

"You sure, Clef?"

"Yes. I'm sure." He looked up at Glass.

"Okay." Glass nodded.

"Can...Can I continue?"

Glass nodded silently.

"My time working with the GOC as Agent Ukulele was not the best. It really took a toll on my mental health. I had to run over a 12 year old, man! I couldn't take it anymore!"

I think you can take some more. That little witch is gonna do something soon. What...? She's gonna get in your head, tear you apart from the inside, hurt your friends. No... Yes. Take her out before she can even think about it.

"I'm sorry, Glass. I'm done, you can...you can go."

"That's okay, Clef. At least you got some of that off your chest." Glass smiled kindly.

Clef watched the blonde leave and shut the door.

Some time later, Clef finally exited his office, Kondraki was waiting for him outside in the hall.

He looked up and grabbed Clef by the shoulders. He shook him a bit.

"I heard what Dr.Glass said you wanted me to hear. I'm sorry, man..."

"Yeah..."

Kondraki's eyes suddenly lit up.

"I got an idea while waiting for you to come back out."

Clef squinted at him suspiciously.

"What if we broke into 166's containment?"

Clef jolted in surprise. Clef gave him a confused look. He clearly hasn't thought this through.

"What ever happened to the work you had to do?"

"I decided to take your word for it. Loosen up and have some fun while I work."

"Well, um, I'm flattered Konny, but you can't break into her cell."

Kondraki blinked a bit. Clueless.

"Sure I can."

Clef shook his head and facepalmed.

"No, no, Konny, you can't. Unless you want to force yourself onto a 16 year old."

His eyes went wide and he shook his hands around.

"NO NO NO NO NO! I DON'T!" He shouted, head shaking 'no' violently.

"Wait, then why can you?" He added.

"I'm a reality anchor. She doesn't affect me." Clef sighed happily.

"Really? That's really cool, Clef."

"Alto."

"What?"

"My first name. It's Alto."

"Oh. Well mine's Benjamin."

"I think I'll stick to calling you Konny. Has a nice ring to it." Clef laughed.

"I can't think of any nickname for you. Cleffy maybe?"

"If you ever refer to me as 'Cleffy' I will break both of your legs."

He held his hands up in surrender.

"Just call me Alto. That's a privilege you just got. No one gets to call me that."

"Oh. Thanks, Alto."

Clef shivered at how he said his name. Huh, haven't done that before. Hmm...