28. [The Dragon & The Witch]

[Song Above: Do Or Die by Thirty Seconds To Mars]

Locked in deep, the chain rattled a solemn song. A voice of simple being curled around his head, reciting the prophetic words of a hidden poem.

They gather round the natal bed, the foolish and the wise. They fear the child yet to be born, whose voice shall rend the skies.

He felt a peculiar itch of pain. His dreams had warned him of apple blossoms and as they unfurled, he suddenly knew why.

He could only see cracks of what was happening, things that he couldn't control. As a mirror shattered, the last traces of his will broke with it. Reflected back at him was Lilith, she had said he still loved her. That wasn't true, his heart belonged to someone else.

His body could barely contain the crooked ruler inside him. The weakest points of his skin had begun to ripple and fracture, beads of blood dripping out. His skin now painted to fit the king, he could begin his execution.

The faithful watch the forest for the coming of the King. Their lanterns bright, they wait at night for the new world he shall bring.

Long, thin cracks ran up his limbs and across his torso, a particularly bloody one opened across his face. It narrowly missed his eyes, racing right between.

The uneven weight of horns and a crown threw his balance off, though no mortal would see these new additions.

At the sight of the witch, the king recoiled faintly. Barely even noticeable but Clef was in there with him and he saw it. The king wasn't scared, more of surprised by the intensity of something.

Deep behind the sage eyes of the witch, a future was unfolding. That blue eyed reality bender was getting closer to 239's path, fate would not allow anything to stand in her way.

Thousands of actions piled into Clef's head. Blood. Shadows. Light. Pain. True darkness. Stretching on and on until the end of time itself. And this tiny witch was the beginning of a healthy kind of love. A bringer of peace to a chaotic soul.

239 could see the evil pulling the strings. A universe destroyer playing with a doll. All she wanted to do was help. She feigned oblivious child, she knew all about the horrors of the world and what she could do. But she has no control and neither does the reality bender in her future, they need to teach each other.

So with her weak grasp on her power, she sent a spell to pull the evil out of him. Literally. Black and red smoke poured out at an alarming pace, but Clef was still trapped in the cage in his mind.

His next actions are played, controlled by the sheer will of the Scarlet King. He may have been squeezed out but since he had been in once, he now had the tools for a remote control.

The dragon waits in shadows, his breath will scorch the land. The hero in the castle draws his sword and makes his stand.

A towering black and red dragon rose from the smoke, crooked horns and three crimson eyes. It let out a roar of fury and crashed through the ceiling.

Massive wings unfolded and the dragon launched itself to the sky, talons stretched wide. A rumble of pure hatred rose from its throat and with a single sweep, it sent a blistering spire of flame to the ground.

The King ordered Clef to shoot a concealed figure but with a lucky twist of fate, his gun was fresh out of ammunition. Fate was on his side for once, the concealed figure carefully revealed themself.

It was the other king, his swarm of shimmering butterflies wavering around him. A long, thin sword was clutched in a shaking fist as he stared at his lover.