Chapter 34

(Kaileigh's POV)

I turned the corner to see Sam leaning by the front door tapping her foot, "Took you long enough! What did they want?"

Instead of replying, I mind-linked her.

What do you think they wanted?

Her eyes widened, "OMG, Yay!!!! It's about time they finally did it!"

I skipped over to her, laughing, and grabbed her arm, "So, where are we off to?"

We had been driving along in her Jeep for about 45 minutes and she still refused to tell me where we were headed to.

"Sammmmmm, tell me!"

"You'll see soon enough!"

About 20 minutes later, she pulled in front of a small black building. On the top of the building was a sign that read TATTOO. Oh, no....Her dad is going to kill me. And her.

We made our way inside, all the while Sam was jumping up and down. The shop walls were covered in art, from paintings to drawings to tattoo designs. Faint music played above our heads as the smell of ink and flowers wafted into our noses. A robust older man came over to us and smiled, "And what can I do for you two lovely ladies today?"

Sam immediately piped in, "We, good sir, are here for our first tattoos!"

The man chuckled and asked if we had our designs picked out. Sam nodded as I looked at her with confusion, "You slept in so late, so I picked them out! You are getting it!"

I rolled my eyes as she pulled out the photos of what we were getting. The photo of hers dawned a howling realistic wolf with black coming out of the bottom of the wolf's neck, almost like abstract roots from a tree. I had to admit that it was beautiful.

Sam decided to put hers on her upper hip so it could be easily hidden from her dad. Sam then showed me the photo of the one I was getting. It was the realistic face of a wolf blended in the middle into a forest of trees. I loved it!

"I figured, if you wanted to, you could put it on one of your inner wrists over the scar," Sam told me.

I instantly hugged her and told her I loved it. Another guy came from the back of the shop and then we were off to get tatted up!

I was sitting in the front of the shop for what seemed like forever, waiting on Sam to finish up. I had already gotten mine on my inner right wrist. Turns out Sam is not a fan of pain, so hers was going much, much slower. Poor girl. This was her idea though.

A few minutes later, Sam came out with a smile on her face and showed me her finished tattoo. She looked at the clock behind me and gasped, "It's almost 6?!"

"Duh! It took like an hour to get here and yours tattoo took forever! We didn't get here until almost 3 anyways."

"We need to get back! The ball starts at 8 and my dad will be pissed if we are late!"

"Ugh, what about food?! Thanks to you, I haven't had anything today!" I groaned as we paid, thanking the men, and headed out to the Jeep.

"We will get some on the way back. I'll mind-link my dad and say that we lost track of time, but are about to head back."

I had never seen Sam drive that way before; I swear she went over 100mph the whole way back home. Let me put it this way: it took over an hour to get to the tattoo shop, but less than an hour to get back...including stopping for some much needed food.

She squealed her Jeep to a stop and we both hopped out. We dashed upstairs like mad women with our food bags and drinks in hand.

After downing our food, Sam went and pulled out our dresses for the ball. Sam's dress was a deep v neck full length gown with bedazzled jewels covering the spaghetti straps and bodice, all the way to the waist. At the waist it flowed into a peachy tulle, straight skirt until it hit the floor. It looked mesmerizing with her light brown locks.

The gown Sam picked out for me is a stunning bright red floor length dress. It had a deep v as well with a high slit up the side. Mine had thicker straps, but still sleeveless and my skirt flowed away from my body some. It was simple, elegant, and completely eye-catching. Sam said it made my ashy hair and bright green eyes really pop.

We changed into our dresses and quickly did our hair. I curled Sam's hair, letting her brown locks fall just onto her shoulders. Sam put mine into a messy, but elegant style with my hair all pulled to just one side, curling the way down. We slipped on our shoes and headed down to meet up with her parents.

Alpha Braxton and Dylan had already left, so it was just us heading out in a car together. The ball was being held over in Dark Moon territory, so it would take about 15 minutes to get there. Her parents complimented our dresses as we headed out towards the ball.

Please vote and comment!
Thank you!
Follow me for more!