Epilogue Two

6 months after Epilogue One

Pain.

That's all I felt.

Teeth clenched. Hands gripping. Eyes slammed shut.

Ripping pain.

Eight hours of pain later, cries filled the room. Innocent cries. A bundle was passed to me as I cooed at it softly. Comfortingly. Soothingly.

Little Rynn.

Rynn Willow Greyson.

Another surge of pain hit me, the nurse handing Rynn over to Zander as I cringed. Gasping for relief, silence echoed.

Another bundle passed to me, unexpectedly. I looked at Zander who looked just as puzzled. No one had seen twins.

I looked down at the sweet face, "It's a boy, Luna."

I smiled at the nurse and looked at my little secret, my little miracle.

My little Emerson.

Emerson Raine Greyson

We already had the name from before we knew Rynn would be a girl. It suited him.

All of a sudden gasps rang out as both little babes opened their eyes.

They each had a green eye and purple eye. That, mixed with their silvery blonde locks, made them a mesmerizing sight to behold.

Breathtaking.

* * *

Months passed since their birth. They were beloved by the pack. Everyone was in awe of their appearance. Destined for greatness, is what they would say.

Zander and I were out walking with Emerson and Rynn, heading back from playing at the park. I twirled the sparkling ring on my finger, smiling at memories of the wedding day.

It was a small wedding shortly after the mating ceremony, but it was perfect. Out in nature. Surrounded by those we love. Beautiful.

Abruptly, Zander stopped walking. I paused with the children, waiting for his words. He turned to me, "The elders are here. They said it's urgent."

We rushed back to our pack house, noting the black cars parked out front. We stepped in, Zander holding Emerson while I held Rynn. The elders were waiting in the office so we went straight there.

The elders, six in total, all gasped when they took in the wide eyed kids. I heard mutters of 'So, it's true' as we sat down with Emerson and Rynn in our laps.

"Thank you for meeting with us on such short notice...well no notice. We had heard tale of your children's features and had to see if the rumors were true," a male elder spoke.

"We would've been here sooner, but we needed to find the text. Once it was found, we rushed straight here," a female elder continued.

Another male elder pulled out a worn scroll and set it in the desk. He unrolled it slowly as the milky onyx text came to light. He then pulled out a leather journal, opening and setting it down next to the scroll. The translation.

"We believe that this text is about your children. However, it only states there to be one. We did not know that both would truly match its foretelling. I will have to translate the second scroll I found with it to see if it explains the pair...unless the pair line doesn't just concern the eyes," he turned to his fellow elders as they all thought about his suggestion, "it could be the pair of them, as well."

I looked down at the legend, the myth.

When silver and white entwine,
The stars and moon will align.

Goddess creation follows,
Thy end to all our sorrows.

Amethyst and Emerald pair,
Moonlight shimmering in hair.

Demons ensnare from past,
A sacrifice thou must cast.

A loss shatters the earth,
Laying path to the rebirth.

Dawn awakens as foretold,
As heaven's gate finally unfolds.

Thy beacon of light in the dark,
Goddess divine, the new start.

As I read over the text, the elder was busy examining the scroll. He was whispering to himself as he went along.

"Yes! The conjugation of the 'Goddess' words could be translated into plural femininely or masculinely. It was just translated originally as Goddess because we follow the Moon Goddess. Knowing they are twins, I now completely attest to them being the ones foretold in this scripture," the elder exclaimed as he examined everyone in the room.

"What does this mean for them?" Zander asked.

The first woman spoke up again, "Well, my dears, your daughter and son are the next Moon Goddess and God," my jaw dropped, "We actually always expected it to be from your line, Luna Kaileigh. We just didn't know when. The scroll states that a demon from past will come to either kill or take them. This could be from your past or just a fiend from wolves' past. As for the rest, it will all play out in time and be brought to light what it's true meaning is. What we do know is that they will bring a new era of peace to the world while they exist here and become the guardians of wolves once they leave this world."

My little saviors. My divine loves.

"Keep them well protected. Learn of threats. Inform those you trust. You may need all the help you can get in the future, depending on what demon it foretells. Teach them the ways of peace and understanding. Teach them to be strong warriors and leaders. We offer our services in teaching them the history of the world, the ancient text, anything they may utilize," the first elder male spoke.

I smiled at them all as I glanced at my children, "Thank you. We would greatly appreciate any help you can offer. I'm sure the Moon Goddess would want for nothing more. You are free to stay as long as you like, as well as come and go at your leisure. Our pack is open to you whenever."

Zander nodded in agreement as we held our children tight.

Well, this was going to be quite the adventure.

~ * ~
The End
~ * ~

Finally finished! Thank you so much to everyone who read my story. I am working on others as we speak and may write a sequel to this if enough want to see the story of Emerson and Rynn.

                                - xoxo

Please vote and comment!
Thank you!
Follow me for more!