Chapter 7

I breathed in deeply and looked around my surroundings. I glanced up at Zander from the side, hoping he wouldn't notice. Like many male wolves, he looked godly as if he was cut from sacred stone. His features danced in the light. His blue eyes swirled with all the colors from the lighting. His blonde messy hair was a perfectly riddled mess of tie dye strands.

He smirked down at me causing me to blush and snap my eyes forwards, towards the table we were heading to. Zander leaned down by my ear, "Keep looking at me like that, little lamb, and I'll have to eat you all up."

I gulped and huffed at him, turning to Megan Lily who were amused by my facial expression and redness. I grabbed their arms and turned towards the bar close by. I pulled them along with me to go get something to drink.

"So, do you like him?," Megan asked me as we waited for the bartender.

I sighed. It's not like I can tell them why it doesn't matter since they aren't wolves. I can't explain mates to them or my pack rules.

"It doesn't matter. I mean, he's hot yeah, but...uh...my family would never approve. Besides, he just has hook ups. I-I can't do that, no matter how hot he is," I explain.

They both seem to understand, "It's better we are just friends. Bryan on the other hand *I glance at Lily* seems like a great guy. I think you should go for it," I continue.

"I agreee," Megan sings.

Lily blushes as the bartender stands before us. He hands us a round of shots puzzling all three of us. He chuckles and gestures towards a group of guys on the other side of the bar, "It's from them. Seems you've caught their eyes."

We laugh and look at each other before taking the shots. It tasted like cinnamon rolls.

"Whatever that was, I'm a fan," I said earning nods of agreement from Lily and Megan.

The bartender was still in front of us, "Anything else girls?"

"Yeah, can we get three jack and cokes," Lily states.

"Ooo, and send those guys drinks. Whatever you think they'd like. Thanks!," Megan blurts out before the bartender leaves.

"Megan!!," Lily and I both utter shocked.

She just smiled and twirls her hair, "What?! I'm trying to have funnnn tonight. Lily has Brian and you have...well, you can have fun with me!," Megan laughs out with a pout and a wink.

This girl is going to be the death of me.

The bartender laughs as he hands us our drinks and goes off to give the drinks Negan ordered to those guys. I turn around with Lily and face the table and stage while Megan just bats her eyes at the guys down the bar. Lily and I exchange glances and laugh. Megan is definitely a troublemaker.

I look towards our table and notice Bryan is the only one left, sitting alone. I gesture to Lily that we should go sit with him and nudge Megan to let her know. We sit down with Bryan with our drinks as they announce that karaoke or open mic night is about to start.

"Are any of you going up?," Bryan asks.

Lily and I shake our heads while Megan gleams brightly nodding 'yes.' Of course she is.

"Where did the others go?," Lily asks.

Bryan just points across the floor to the two guys flirting with a table of slutty girls. I roll my eyes while Megan just scoffs, "Manwh*res!"

We all laugh and small talk for a bit as someone walks on to the small stage. The girl begins to sing some song I didn't recognize, but her voice isn't terrible. I'm just watching, sipping my drink, when shadows are cast in front of me. Megan and I turn to look while Lily and Bryan, who have been rather cozy with each other, just glance up.

"Hey," a dark haired guy with blue eyes states, "we never got to thank you for the drinks."

The guy isn't half bad looking honestly. With him are two other guys. They all look to be about 5'11", except the other guys have light brown hair and brown eyes, and dark brown hair with hazel eyes. Megan looks them up and down while flashing a flirty smile. All three guys just smirk.

"I'm Adam," says the dark haired guy, "this is Zach and John."

"No thanks needed. You sent us drinks first," Megan smiles.

"I'm Megan, this is Kaileigh, Lily, and Bryan," Megan says, "Do you guys want to sit with us?"

They all nod and grab chairs to sit with us. Adam sits next to me, with Megan on my other side sitting next to Zach and then John. Lily is on the other side of the round table, next to John on her left and Bryan on her right, leaving Bryan next to Adam as well.

Adam turns to Bryan, "Boyfriend?"

"Nah man, we just all have class together, along with my two friends who are trying to pick up some other girls right now," Bryan laughs out.

Zach abruptly gets up yelling out "Shots!!!" as he heads to the bar. Megan squeals in delight and pulls me in.

"He's soooo cute!," she says excitedly.

I just smile at her, "Aww, have fun girl. Just please be careful. If you leave with him let us know! Tell us or text us please!"

She nods her head happily as Zach returns with two shots for everyone. I know I'm a wolf and supposed to have this high alcohol tolerance, but more of these and I'm going to be feeling it. Megan and Zach pass them around as we all thank Zach.

First one down. Bleh. That was not sunshine and cinnamon rolls. That was like straight tequila. I look over at Lily and Megan who have weird faces as well. We all look at each other and laugh.

I hold my second shot up as Megan signals everyone to cheers and clink glasses. We clink glasses as I look at the strong liquid in front of my mouth.

Bottoms up.

Thank you!
Please vote and comment!
Follow for more!