Chapter 49

Quick side note: I already have an ending planned, but curiosity got the best of me. Would you lovely readers rather a happy or sad ending?

                        - xoxo

~ * ~

(Damian's POV)

A sigh of relief escaped my lips as my body relaxed. I finally had her. She was finally going to be mine. Forever.

A knock on my door interrupted my thoughts of Kaileigh, "Come in."

One of the new recruits stepped into my room and looked at me, "Alpha, she says it's ready. She's waiting for you in the foyer."

I glanced over at the kid who was really only a few years younger than me, about 15, and gave him a small smile, "Thank you..."

"Caleb, sir," he replied shyly.

I chuckled slightly, "Thank you, Caleb. Please, call me Damian. I'll be down shortly."

Caleb took his turn to leave, shutting the door behind him. I may be Alpha of the Blood Rouges, but I am not one for formal titles, at least not yet. I smiled to myself as I made my way to the reddish haired woman drenched in black apparel standing in my foyer.

I motioned her to sit as I took a seat on one of the cream leather couches that decorated the living room. The freckled woman sat opposite of me, her hands fidgeting with a small velvet bag. I glanced up at her face, "Do you have it?"

The woman's honey eyes softly looked at me, "Yes, 'tis done."

Her twitchy hands opened the small velvet bag and pulled out a black glass vial. She gently set it down on the cherry wood coffee table that separated our sitting forms. I leaned over and grasped the vial in my hands, swirling the milky liquid inside.

The woman cleared her throat, drawing my attention,

"Drink the vial, but beware
She must be the first to meet your stare.

Your warm touch will confuse her fate
Draw her in, make her your mate

A sennight, you have, to make your mark
Or the bond breaks directly from her heart"

The witchy woman chanted while her eyes remained glazed, my mind trying to wrap around the words. I was about to ask her to clarify what she said when I noticed Caleb standing in the opening to my right. He dawned a gleeful expression which confused me.

"Forgive me for interrupting Alp-Damian. I know what she said," he stated confidently. I nodded for him to continue, "You must drink the entire vial and make sure whoever is your target is the first you see afterwards. It sounds like it won't cause the same exact sparks as a normal mate, but it will cause your touch to be filled with a warmth that will confuse her to where she will think you are her mate, especially with more and more interaction. However, you have to make your mark...probably physically mark her, within seven days of drinking that or else the bond it created will be removed completely from her heart."

I nodded in thanks at him and turned my attention back towards the woman before me, "Thank you. Our deal will remain in place. You have our sanctuary and protection while you choose to reside here."

Despite it being past midnight, I mind-linked two of my prison guards to escort Kaileigh to my office immediately. I locked myself into the small half bath that laid on the hallway that led to my office and waited for my soon-to-be little mate.

The downed to vile tasting liquid when I heard the steps towards my office, her scent billowing into my nose shortly after. Once I received the word that she was in my office alone, I shut my eyes and grasped the handle that led to her. I walked through, scanning my eyes across the now messy office until they locked onto her.