Chapter 52

(Kaileigh's POV)

Dylan is the traitor.

Against me. Against Sam. Against his own flesh and blood. Against his own family. His pack.

And for what? Power?

Sam was still sniffling, but I could feel her anger. She was betrayed by someone she saw as a brother. Someone she trusted.

Damian was currently laughing to himself, finding this amusing, while Dylan was pacing around the office, furious. I was still in a state of shock, thinking over everything, "What deal?"

Everyone stopped what they were doing. I looked at Dylan and then Damian. Dylan was wearing a stone cold expression while Damian just smirked, "Well, Dyl-ly boy, care to share?"

Dylan just shot him a glare, remaining mute. Damian rolled his eyes and spoke up, "Your friend here made a deal with me. He set up the whole thing. The drugs, the location, messing up the attack on us, everything. He gave us you. In return, I told him that after my plans were finished successfully he could have you, Kaileigh."

My jaw dropped as I stared at Dylan, Damian continuing, "Naive boy, really. He should've realized sooner that my plan all along was to always have you, forever. If I just gave you away, all my previous plans would fall through. My plans also require you being bond to me, so I never understood how he thought that would pan out. Stupid, really. So blinded by his obsession that he resulted to betraying everyone and effectively ruining his entire future."

Dylan growled and barked, "IF THEY FIND OUT, which they won't. I will get my end of the deal, no matter what."

Damian shot up, snarling, "DON'T threaten me, traitor. You may have Alpha blood, but you are outmatched and outnumbered here. Watch your words."

He sat back down and glanced at me before glaring back at Dylan, "Leave. Now. Before your precious pack wonders where you are."

Dylan scoffed at him as he started to turn, "This isn't over, rouge."

Before he opened the door I yelled, my eyes darting between Dylan, Sam, and Damian, "Wait! Let Sam go with him, please."

Sam widened her eyes, "What?? Kails, I'm not leaving you! Especially with him."

I stared at Damian with pleading eyes, "Please, Damian. I'll stay, but let her go."

He cocked his eyebrow, amused, "Why should I? Her being here is the only thing that has kept you in check."

"I-I won't fight it. I'll do as you say. I won't try to escape, just please let her go home."

"Fine. As you wish, love," Damian smiled at me.

"Kails! I don't want to leave you here. Besides, Dylan may just leave me to the wolves if I go with him, alone," Sam shit out worriedly.

I glanced back at Damian. His eyes glazed over momentarily, "A guard can escort y'all, secretly. He will make sure you return safely to Redwood Pack. He will send proof once you have safely returned."

I looked at Sam with eyes full of sincerity, "Go, Sam, please. I couldn't stand if anything happened to you because of me. Be with your family; they are probably worried sick. Tell them I'm okay."

Sam just nodded with a soft smile. The tattooed guard walked over and undid her shackles once she stood up. She hugged me tightly before she walked over to Dylan, shooting him a glare.

He glared back at her, "Don't speak a word about me once we're back. No one will believe you against me, anyways. Try to ruin me and I'll make you regret it."

I snarled at him, "Don't threaten her!"

He walked through the door after Sam, where a large guard waited, "Don't forget, Kaileigh. I will have you once this is all over."

* * *

Hours passed with me just sitting in the office while Damian shuffled through papers. He decided to take off my handcuffs though, testing to see if I would be true to my word.

As much as I wanted to escape, I was tired or people getting killed, hurt, threatened, and turned to evil because of me. I had to figure this out myself, without risking anyone else. If I ran away back to Redwood they would just come for me again.

I just kept tapping my fingers on my leg as I perched myself sideways on the couch so I could gaze out the window. I watched the shadows dance across the forest floor, small fireflies fluttered to and fro. Their light entranced me, causing me to start slightly falling asleep.

"Come here."

My eyes glanced sleepily at Damian, "Come here, love."

I slowly stood up and stepped towards him. He pushed his chair away from the desk some and turned towards me, "Sit."

I hesitated, glancing at him unsure, "I believe you said that you would do what I asked, Kaileigh, since Sam was released. Now, sit...or do I need to get your shackles again?"

A slight whimper left my lips as I sat down on to Damian's lap. He purred as he pulled me into his chest, turning me sideways so I was curled up into him. He pushed my hair behind my ear, kissing my head as he rubbed my side up and down.

My breathing was erratic as the fuzzy warmth feeling almost tingled at every spot that touched his presence. More overwhelming than before. Each time it seems to intensify. I still didn't understand it fully. I gave in and leaned my head against his body, the warmth lulling me to slumber. He softly kissed my head once more, "Get some rest, my little mate."

* * *

Dazzling white is all I could see as my eyes flickered open, taking in my changed surroundings. Dark silk sheets laid upon my form, a pillow under my head. I moved, only for a warm weight along my waist to tighten, pulling me back. I glanced back, gasping when I took in Damian's sleeping figure...Damian's shirtless, sleeping figure.

He chuckled as he tightened his grasp on me, nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck. Purring. He nipped at my neck, causing me to yelp in surprise. Damian flipped me around so I would face him, eyes blinking black, "Soon you will bear my mark, Kaileigh."

He released me as he stood up and sauntered into the bathroom, leaving me alone in silks of night. I wandered over to the window, taking in the lively sight. Wolves were going about their day in the near distance, the sun burning high above, the trees almost glowing in the heavenly light.

I looked above the trees to see grey encroaching, drawing closer and closer. The clouds darkened in the distance with a chilled rain escaping them.

A storm was coming.

Please vote and comment!
Thank you!
Follow me for more!