Chapter 2

The birds were chirping. The sun was shining. The air was....yeah, I wish. At least it was not pouring anymore. I rushed to get up and dressed while my alarm continued to blare. I tried to turn it off, but the darn thing was persistent. I continued to ignore it as I searched for my uniform. They are strict about punctuality, so I could not risk being late my first day, even if my first day was a Friday.

I quickly threw on my uniform, which consisted of a white button down shirt, a quirky tie, a blue-green plaid skirt, stockings or high socks, and any pair of presentable black shoes. I straightened out my skirt after tucking my shirt in and looked at myself in the mirror. My light ash blonde hair was flowing freely and my green eyes sparkled behind a touch of mascara. I swiped on some chapstick while trying to make my 5'4" frame appear taller. I mentally tried to prepare myself for this: my first experience outside of the pack.

You got this.

Several minutes later, I am rushing out the door, bag in hand, and down the corridor towards my classes. I can see my first class ahead of me until I collide with something solid and crash onto the floor.

"Ouch!"

"Ah, I am so sorry. I didn't see you there! Please, let me help you," I stated as I got up and extended out my arm towards the girl on the ground. She just chuckled and grabbed my hand, pulling herself up.

"It's okay! *hmm* I don't think I've seen you around here before. Are you new?" The girl asked.

"Yeah, I'm Kaileigh. This is actually my first day."

She smiled a wide smile, "Hi! I'm Megan! Welcome to sh*tty snobby academy!"

We both shared a laugh as she asked me what classes I had. It turned out that we had almost every class together. As she was going over my schedule, I took the time to look her over. She was a human around my height, 5'4", with auburn hair and hazel eyes.

"I can tell we are going to be friends! Come on, let's get to class!" And with that, I was dragged down the hall towards my first class at Cromwell Academy.

* * *

My first classes went by in a blur. They were basically the same subjects as I was learning at home, so nothing was new. Megan had introduced me to one of her friends, Lily, during our last class before lunch. We were all headed to lunch when, all of a sudden, both Megan and Lily stopped dead in their tracks. I raised my eyebrows, puzzled as to why.

"Uh guys, what are you doing?"

"Oh, sorry Kaileigh. Umm, well you see that like mob of girls over there?"

I looked and quickly saw about 4 girls who looked as stuck up as can be; real life mean girls. I quickly nodded and turned my attention back towards Lily.

"Well they are..."

"B*tches," Megan interjected.

"...yeah, and they don't care for us because we refused to basically worship them. Since the start of this year, they have been bothering us more because of it," Lily explained.

I turned to look at the snobby girls again and, to my luck, they were all looking directly at us. I could hear Megan and Lily groan as one, who I gathered as being the leader or queen b, started heading towards us. You could tell by the way she walked that her ego was huge. She obviously thought highly of herself and lowly of everyone else.

She scoffed as she stopped in front of us. "Well, well. If it isn't little Lily pad and Meggy-weggy. Are you two finally going to learn your place here?"

Lily just closed her stormy grey eyes and tried to hide herself behind her raven hair, but Megan was not having it.

"Get a life Tara. Go back to your leeches and leave us alone. We don't bother you, so don't bother us," Megan sassed back. Yep, I knew I was going to like her!

"Ah! How dare you speak to me like that!?! You, you little nobody!" Tara then turned her attention to me.

"You. Who are you?"

"I'm Kaileigh."

"Well, I'm Tara. This is my school. You shouldn't be associating yourself with people like those two. They are bad news and don't know their place in life yet. You are too pretty to be hanging out with these losers. Come on, you are having lunch with me," Tara stated as she grabbed my arm, not giving me any real choice in the matter.

I looked back to Megan and Lily with pleading eyes to help, but they both gave me looks of 'just go along with it or you'll probably regret it.' So there I was, getting kidnapped by a snobby girl and taken back to her minions like a worm being fed to birds.

Thank you!
Please vote and comment!
Follow for more!