Chapter 41

Hey loves! Sorry this isn't the most entertaining chapter. It's more of a filler, but it's setting up the excitement that continues next.

- xoxo

~ * ~

(Kaileigh's POV)

My eyes started to flutter open slowly, a blinding white light piercing them like shards of glass going into my eyes. I groaned, aches and pain consuming my awakening body and mind. I crinkled my nose as I braced my eyes for the fully blinding light.

After a few moments of adjusting, I carefully looked around the bleek, starch room. A faint beeping echoed to my side as I examined the tubes in my arms. A small window graced the wall to my right, showing the darkness outside. How long have I been out? What happened after I succumbed to the darkness? Is everyone okay? What about Damian?

The mellow beeping quickly sped up as if my heartbeat was at a rave. Panic was seeping into me hastily. Fear followed soon after. Then anger.

Light footsteps rushed in, a concerned look which soon turned into a pleasant smile. A strawberry blonde woman gracefully walked over to me, checking the monitor attached to me.

"Hello dear! I'm so glad you're finally awake; your heartbeat scared me for a minute," she chuckled out.

She quickly checked my IV and fluids, "How are you feeling? Do you need any pain medicine?"

"I-I'm f-fine," I croaked out, completely parched.

The woman giggled and poured me a glass of water from a nearby pitcher, handing the cup to me.

"Thank you," I smiled, "I'm fine. I can feel some pain, but mostly it aches and just feels sore."

"Well, Kaileigh dear, I'll get you some medicine to help. Are you hungry at all? It's quite late, but we can get you something," she chirped out.

I looked back towards the window revealing the blackened forest and darkened sky speckled with tiny glimmers of stars, "Sure...what time is it? Was I out for long? Is everyone okay? What happened?!" I rushed out, slight panic filling me once again the more I spoke.

"Everyone is fine, dear. Any injured were all patched up and sent home hours ago. You were the worse of the lot," she glanced at her wrist, "it's about 4:30am; you were out for a few hours. Everything is healing nicely though. You'll be here until Saturday just to make sure, though."

The nurse walked over to the corner of the room and came back with a bag, my trusty backpack, and my fuzzy blanket from my room. She sat them in a chair slid up next to me, "Sam brought these a couple hours ago for when you woke up. I believe she said your phone was in there as well. I'll go get you something to eat, so just relax while you wait."

With that the strawberry blonde nurse sauntered out of the room, leaving me alone. I threw my blanket over me, relishing in how soft it was. Pure heaven in fuzzy form. I unzipped my bag to see what Sam put together. I laughed when I spotted a box is Snowcaps hidden in the back. My weird indulgence. I pulled out my phone, with some headphones, and played some random music mix. Even though it was late, or early depending on how you look at it, I decide to quickly message some to check in. I didn't want to disturb anyone by trying to mind-link. They can always message back later.

First up had to be Sam,

Me: Heyyyy girlyyy! Guess who's awake?! *sorry if I wake you up; better not be gettin' busy with Ryannnnn*

Then I decide to send a group message to Sam's parents,

Me: I hope I don't disturb you since it's late. I just wanted to let you both know that I woke up. Thank you for watching out for me!