72. Hoseok's History

Hoseok looked at his mate who was cuddled up against his chest. He felt ecstasy. That was all he wanted. His mates by his side, peaceful and happy.

Yoongi stirred, trying to get more of the warmth that Hoseok provided. He was tired, and still in pain. Hoseok's shirt was big on him, exposing the hickeys on his collarbone and neck.

"Wake up kitten," Hoseok said, slowly moving to sit up, making sure not to hurt his mate. Yoongi groaned, mumbling incoherent words. Hoseok smiled at the soft side of his usually cold mate. He was adorable, absolutely adorable. His button nose, sharp-edged eyes that made him look like a cat, his gummy smile, and his cute little teeth made it impossible to not fall in love with the older.

Times like those were what made him not regret his past. He went through hell and back, and it was all worth it. Sure, his own trauma was something he could never forget, but it led him to find his lovers. Never did he realize that he was in such a toxic relationship. He was raised right, but he used to be oblivious to the fact that others were not raised the same way.

He had an abusive girlfriend. She hit him, treated him like her personal slave, forced him to do drugs, emotionally blackmailed him by saying that she would kill herself if he were to leave. It was horrible. The one thing Hoseok didn't let her do was force him into sex; he was a virgin then, and wanted to lose his virginity to his loved one. He knew he didn't love her, so he never did it with her. One year into the relationship with the girl, he met Yoongi at a bar, the very bar he met Jimin and Taehyung. It was 20 years before he met them.

Flashback

He was drinking his pain away, after a long fight with his girlfriend. The one time he was grateful for the harsh rules of society when it came to women; they weren't allowed to leave their homes. He knew it was cruel of him to feel like that, but he couldn't help it. He felt like he was being suffocated, he could feel the energy in him dying every second he spent with his girlfriend, all he could feel was hatred for her.

He was leaving, trying his best to not stumble. He was only 10 minutes away from his house, walking slowly to extend the time. He was pulled into an alley, his head slamming against the wall, but he couldn't feel it. He was numb to pain, plus he was drunk.

"Oh, you're drunk," the vampire hissed. "Your blood will be bitter, but I'm too hungry to care." With that, she dipped her head in Hoseok's neck, holding him up by his collar, as his drunk legs weakened under him, no longer being capable of supporting him. He didn't feel the sharp sting as the vampire's fangs pierced his neck. His vision going hazy, and he prayed for death. He would choose death over his girlfriend any day. But of course, life hated him, cause the vampire was thrown off him.

"Get out of here!" the new vampire yelled, catching Hoseok by his waist just as he fell to the ground. "Shit." Hoseok was picked up, a gust of wind signaling that the vampire was running.

"L-let go," Hoseok mumbled, now that most of the alcohol-laced blood had left his body.

"JIN!" Yoongi bellowed, panic settling in his body as his mate was slipping in and out of conscious. The last thing Hoseok heard- before darkness overwhelmed him- was:

"Yoongi, what the fuck did you do?"

-

When Hoseok came to, he felt... different. His throat was parched, but he brushed it off as the alcohol's side effects. Fear overcame him when he realized he was not in his house. He didn't fear his location, or what happened the previous night. He feared his girlfriend's reaction to him spending the whole night outside the house. Without another thought, he got up... but he felt really different. He felt alive, yet dead. His attention digressed when the door opened, revealing two men. Their pale skin and sharp canines revealed their identity as vampires. Hoseok stumbled back in fear.

"Hey, we're not going to hurt you. We just want to talk. We want to explain some things," the small one said. I was going to call him Kitten because of his cat-like features and seemingly harmless character. I was going to call the tall one Shoulders because of his... well, shoulders.

"My name is Jin," Shoulders introduced. "This is Yoongi. You are our mate."

Flashback end

Hoseok felt nothing but relief at that time, He didn't hesitate to ask for help from his mates. Yoongi and Jin were shocked by how quickly a human trusted Hoseok, but they didn't dwell too much into them. Their mate wanted help, and he was going to get help.

The next day, Hoseok's girlfriend no longer existed.