92. Apologies

^Jungkook's POV^

"As you may have noticed, we've been neglecting you for..." he trailed off, trying to remember when they started.

"One month," I pitched in. He looked at me with guilt in his eyes.

"Oh... Yeah. I'm sorry," he apologized. I stared at him blankly. What was I supposed to say? "I uh... Something's come up. I know it doesn't excuse how we behaved. We didn't want to burden you. You already have so much on your mind, we didn't want to make it worse."

"I understand your point of view. I knew you were busy. I didn't mind you guys neglecting me," I said. A white lie. "But please keep in mind, that what burdens me is my decision, not yours. Please don't make assumptions about my capability. I know my limits, not you. Moreover, I most certainly don't want to be treated as if I'm some damsel in distress."

He nodded. I did feel guilty because it wasn't his fault that he was busy, and I did just put him on the spot. "I understand. I-I'm sorry for how I behaved," he apologized once again. I gave him a small smile and let him climb into my bed. I pulled him into me. He rested his head on my chest while his hands made their way under my hoodie for comfort. I wrapped my arms around his waist, pulling him closer to me.

"It's okay, Tae. I got you," I whispered into his hair. I could hear the panic in his voice, and I knew it would get worse if he wasn't comforted. "It's okay, baby."

He relaxed in my hold, closing his eyes as I rubbed the back of his neck in comfort. "I love you Kookie. I love all my mates," he mumbled. I froze at his words, my mouth opening and closing like a fish. I composed myself and opened my mouth to speak, but was interrupted by his snore. He was asleep.

-

Three hours since Taehyung's confession. I couldn't sleep. I didn't know if I loved my mates or not. I was enjoying what we had. I really was. But I didn't know if I was ready to move to the next level. I didn't think I was in love with them or something, the thought never passed my mind.

Yoongi softly knocked on the door and walked in, smiling softly at the sight of Taehyung and I cuddling in bed. He came over to my other side and got into bed behind me.

"So what's the thing that came up?" I asked. I was being vague, I knew that, but I also knew he knew what I was implying.

"Werewolves. They're still trying to breakdown the walls. They attacked Jae-beom's clan a few days ago. Apparently, they've also increased in number. So obviously, it wasn't just the humans that entered Seoul," Yoongi said, hugging me from behind. Taehyung moved in his sleep and slung his leg over Yoongi and me I. "We've been trying to find their weaknesses, so we've been spending a lot of time on research."

I nodded, but my focus was not on his explanation. I was more focused on Taehyung's words. I knew I wasn't in love with them, but I definitely felt something more than a major attraction. Did the others feel the same way? How would I react if they ever confessed? Would they be disappointed? Would they leave me if I didn't say it back?

I snapped out of my thoughts and responded to Yoongi. "There's a book in the drawer of the dresser. It's about werewolves," I said. He hummed, holding me tightly.

"I'll take it later. I want to spend time with my doe. I'm sorry about how we behaved this past month," he mumbled, falling asleep instantly. I felt light, yet heavy. But I smiled a little, I knew they weren't getting much sleep these days.

"It's okay. I understand," I whispered. "I want to go for a drive." But my words fell on deaf ears.