but how.

I looked up at Taehyung who was silently sipping his chocolate milk while staring at me intently

I looked up at Taehyung who was silently sipping his chocolate milk while staring at me intently. He reached out his hand, confusing me. I turned around to see if he was attempting to grab something behind me, seeing absolutely nothing I turned back around to see his hand gently place against my cheek. At first I jerked my head away from it, but then eased into it to see what he was trying to do.

His palm rested on my cheek as his thumb caressed the corners of my lip. "You've been through so much." He spoke, eyes softer than velvet. "Let me help you return to your old self," he uttered, finally making eye contact with me, earlier he had just been gawking at my features.

"Let me teach you how to feel. How to feel happy, how to cry, how to get angry."

"How to

"How to... love."

We held eye contact for what felt like eternity, and oddly it was nice. "If you ever place your hand on my cheek like that again I'll cut it off and feed it to you for dinner." I spoke out of context, getting out the chair and walking away. I heard him sigh making me stop and turn around.

"You said you don't like me walking away from you, so you've got to learn to keep up with me. After all aren't you going to teach me how to feel?" I raised my eyebrow. He broke into his boxy smile, quickly standing up and coming after me.

"Why did you look so scared?" I asked him. Taehyung took off his coat, putting it around me. "Well it's not every day you hear someone tell you they're going to feed you your own limbs for dinner." He replied, walking a little faster after his kind gesture, pretending like he didn't do anything.

"God it was a joke. It's not my fault I look dead inside while saying it," I told him, properly wearing his thick jacket. "Jackson, I don't know how jokes work here, but if you say this in the ED you're going to be mistaken as a crazy person, which the more I get to know you, the person might not be mistaken for thinking that." He told me, shaking his head.

"What's the ED?" I asked. "Oh, the El Dorado. It's only home to every magical being," he said. "The El Dorado? As in, the lost city of gold?" I tilted my head. "Is that what you guys call it here? I mean I don't know much of the history behind the name, for us it's just a land of peace, everyone is welcome as long as you're magical." He explained.