winter ball.

I took a seat, Nova entered the hall silently after me since she didn't want eyes on her

I took a seat, Nova entered the hall silently after me since she didn't want eyes on her. She sat beside me and quickly apologised for pushing me in. Everyone was sitting down as if they were preparing to watch something.

"What's going on?" I whispered to Nova, "the show is about to begin." She replied, as music started playing. "So the Paradox has a little dance show at the winter ball? How fun." I sarcastically said, playing with the ring my father handed to me before I left for today. It had a blue crystal embedded into it, it symbolised him. And his half of me.

"I think you might wanna watch," Nova nudged me, making me look at her with a confused expression, "why..." I muttered under my breath as I followed her eyes to watch the stage. "Oh. My. God."

"And that is what he missed the rehearsal of," Nova chuckled, standing up to clap along with the other students. He walked off of the stage and headed towards some boys, I watched him as he patted off the sweat on his neck.

"Hey," a voice spoke beside me, I turned my head confused to see a boy sitting where Nova had sat before. My pupils searched the place to find Nova clicking her fingers at me while winking. I shook my head and sighed at her actions. "Am I boring you that much already?" He furrowed my eyebrows at my sigh. "Oh no no, it's just- never mind. Hi," I smiled, extending my hand forward for a handshake.

"I'm Isaac, Isaac Freyer, an angel. You might know my father, he's the highest ranked minister," he boasted while accepting my hand. "No I haven't actually, I'll be sure to learn more about him." I broke his pride, not so fond of his attitude. "What about you? Professor Zeke didn't mention your last name. You're Jewel what?" He questioned.

"I'm Jewel... whit- Whinehouse," I struggled not to smile. "Ah so we're using made up names, then pleasure to meet you miss Whinehouse, myself Mr Annoyinghouse." He got up and bowed dramatically, making the corners of my lips tilt up. "No but really all jokes aside you'll learn I'm one annoying fucker," he sat back down.

"I'm not the most tolerable person either to be fair, perhaps we'll make a good pair," I suggested, "of friends of course," I finished. "Right," he nodded. "So Jewel, tell me about yourself," Isaac started a new conversation topic.

"What you wanna know about my trauma and the way my entire life's been a lie or my favourite colour?" I shot a question at him as I stared into his soul. He choked on his own spit and started stumbling over his words, struggling to say anything. "I'm messing with you." I placed my hand on his shoulder as he released a sigh of relief.

"Jewel, I see you've met Isaac," Taehyung approached us with a drink in hand. "Kim."

"Freyer." They both exchanged tension filled nods leaving me in an awkward situation. "I'll go get myself a drink," Isaac got up and walked off, as soon as he was at a distance with us Taehyung scoffed. "He's the dickhead that asked out the girl I wanted to go with, and here he is flirting with you." He sipped his drink, "ew and now he's back to her." I followed Taehyung's eyes to see Isaac with a girl in a sparkly blue dress. "That's the girl you wanted to go with?" I raised an eyebrow. "That's the girl, everyone, wanted to go with," he replied.