jewel.

——*disclaimer*——
this story is inspired and influenced by harry potter and the MCU, any similarities between the pieces of literature/movies are intentional.
—————————————

Rain.

It splatters onto my uniform as I steadily make my way home. I was cold. But I didn't shiver, nor did a single hair on my arm stand up due to the icy weather. Numbness was a feeling I had become oh so used to. -crunch- the sound of someone stepping on a leaf was heard, alerting me. I had to stay alert, people are always after me. Not only did I have to constantly think about danger towards me, but towards the people around me.

But that wasn't much of a problem considering there isn't actually anyone ever around me.

I turned around to see a fox speed past me, the shock that should've made me flinch never reflected on my face. It stopped. The fox I mean, it stopped as if controlled. The creature changed it's direction, striding back to me. Its orbs seem like they're consuming all life out of everything. Or am I just being the typical me, staying suspicious of everything and anything near me. Suddenly a letter flew into my sight, appearing like magic.

- Come home Azriel.

Azriel? Who's Azriel? The fox turned around, walking away at a leisurely pace. It swivelled around it's head, flashing me what I swear to you looked like a smirk. And then? Poof.

The paper vanished into the thick air with the fox. Brush it off, brush it off Jewel. I continued my journey home, which seemed weird after reading that short note. I was heading home anyways so it was pointless to give me such a reminder. Finally making it to my unnecessarily large house, I inserted my silver keys into the door, unlocking it, making my way inside the living room.

It smells like blood. I hate it. I don't need to constantly be reminded of that day, constantly be reminded of him, and all of those... monsters.

I walk into the kitchen, holding my breath, no longer wanting to smell the blood of whose I knew it was. My heart ached yet I stayed calm, as if my head was empty when it was full of deadliness.

There was no need to check his pulse, I could sense it. I could feel that his warm heart had stopped beating, and that he had left me, just what he promised he'd never do. Blood was seeping out his left hands wrist, but that wasn't the cause of his death - he wasn't even right handed - his soul had been dissolved into a pool of nothingness. That's what they do to all of them.

"999 what's your emergency?"