villain.

jewel pov

jewel pov.

I looked around in a state of pure happiness, some may think this was the worst time to feel so content, but to me it was the best. My friends lit a match of euphoria in my heart just by standing by me in time of such disarray. Of course I'd preferred them inside where they'd be safe, but they made me want to be selfish again. I needed them. I couldn't do this on my own.

We all surrounded Nova's unconscious self while Clara put out her fire after making sure the sphinx was dead. "Do you think she's dead?" Taehyung asked simply, peeking down at her making all of us look at him in question at his stupidity. "I can hear her heartbeat, she's ok, just a little tired," Zanira informed us as silence filled the atmosphere. It felt like the war was over but deep down we all knew it had merely just begun.

No one that we fought had the nefarious mark on them, not a single person. The real deals haven't arrived yet, but we chose to keep that thought buried inside us for a little while, we wanted just a moment of peace. Although the thought would claw its way back to our heads to eat at us, we wanted to rest, at least for now.

The entire entrance area to the Paradox was filled with dead bodies, it was a nightmare yet a sense of victory because we were still standing. Nova jolted awake, startling all of us as she jumped up to run, "GO AWAY SPHINX!" She yelled making us smile at her behaviour. "It's dead don't worry," Isaac reassured her, as we all got into a huddle, giving each other warm hugs. Taehyung had thrown away the fear he had for Zanira after seeing how he helped us, it was such a sweet moment.

Like calm before a storm.

"Party's over kids," a voice was heard behind us making me sigh, "for fucks sake," I muttered under my breath as we separated from the hug. It was a group of 4, 3 boys and a single girl, they walked as if they owned the place. Each and every one of us were drained and the real deal hadn't even shown up yet. The leader was yet to come.

"Ah Jewel, you've grown up so well," one of the boys had a sinister smile across his face. I paused for a second, he called me Jewel... no one except the school kids called me that here. Come to think of it the man in my head always called me Jewel too, that's peculiar. Their ambience wasn't intimidating, it left us holding our breaths to see what they'd do. "Enough playing with mythical idiots, why don't you try fighting your own kind?" Another boy tilted his head. The girl slowly strutted towards us, she walked past the line of us, looking at us one by one.

"Boring, boring, boring, a little interesting, boring, and AH, perfect." She stopped in front of Clara, running her finger down the auburn haired girls cheek, the movement dropped her sleeve a little to reveal her wrist, unveiling the nefarious mark. It was a little different than the ones on the men who attacked me in my home, it had more detail on it, as if they were senior members. Me and the others glanced towards each other, wondering if we should take action or do something. But Zanira, the eldest between all of us, shook his head, signalling to stay put for now. Just see what their intentions were.