hope.

jewel pov

jewel pov.

This new boy has been testing me all day. He should just throw away all the curiosity, it'll get him killed, literally.

The incident in the hallway when he reached out for a handshake, I can't stop thinking about it. My hand flinched, that's so unlike me, I'm usually so good at ignoring these people. He forced me to talk, no not physically, but something about his words tortured me mentally, wanting to speak up for myself. His tone was weird, there was a hint of fear in the rude words he spoke out. Like he only said them to get me to talk, and that he didn't mean anything. Attention seeker.

"You didn't tell me it was going to blow up." He sighed, reaching for a towel that was behind me. I grabbed it before he could touch it, and threw it to the other side of the classroom. I shrugged. He grabbed my shoulders, pinning me against the wall, wiping his face with his blazer. "What's your problem?" He spat. I stared into his pupils, hoping my freakish eyes would scare him enough to make him leave. I had no energy to speak to him.

"You don't scare me Jackson," he tilted his head. Tired of him acting so big and strong, I kicked him in the shin, switching our positions in the blink of an eye. "You were saying?" I raised my eyebrow.

"What? I fake this aura to get attention? That I'm an attention thirsty bitch? You know what, you're right. I am. I totally give a flying fuck about the eyes that pierce through me every day. I actually love it. But do you know what I love even more? The constant feeling of despair and isolation that I'm incapable of showing. You could put a million people around me and I'll still feel suffocated with loneliness. Like you were going to say before I ever so rudely cut you off, I am indeed a monster. Because I scare myself more than they do."

I sighed, I don't talk usually. But the time I do I decide to talk more than necessary. Why did I feel so comfortable with him? He makes me want to talk forever.

"You're frustrated," he smiled out in awe, leaving me speechless at his sudden change in behaviour, and his weird response to that long unneeded speech. "I see you do have emotions," he tucked a piece of my hair behind my ear, disgusting me with his touch. I slapped his hand away.

"I thought your eyes were empty, but I see one emotion floating around in those illuminating orbs of yours." He rested his head back onto the wall while seemingly admiring my face. I coughed before asking, "what... emotion do you see?" I swallowed hard. Am I finally improving?

"Hope."

"I see hope to be normal. That's why you were so persistent on doing all this school stuff on your own, you wanted to stay back in detention... you like that I'm speaking in a rude manner don't you? It makes you feel ordinary. Like a human." He finished. What on earth... with a flick of his wrist the door was shut tight, and the curtains of the windows had closed.