avenge.

jewel pov

jewel pov

I followed my consciousness, and it led me to the Paradox. I dragged my bloody sword across the concrete, Seohyun turning around to look me up and down. I was covered in the blood of innocents, not my proudest moment.

"Hello Jewel," she spoke, "hi," I replied, sneakily flashing my light before moving my index finger to push the student that Seohyun wanted to kill all the way back to the other kids. She looked angry that I had interrupted her little kill game, raising her eyebrow at me.  "Look, I know what he did, I know what your mother went through..."

"DO YOU THOUGH?"

As she yelled her eyes filled up with tears and the colour of them changed to a deep purple

"The only thing I have left of my mother is a letter where she described the horrors she went through. She saw him steal something from the heaven palace, and him being as anxious as he was he wanted to get rid of her. But he didn't want to kill her the normal way, he raped her, and left her for dead. But she didn't die no, she took her dying body to a cave, where she ate enough to keep herself alive. She gave birth to me alone, she had to go through labor ALONE. After giving birth to me she left me on that mans doorstep on this very day. On my 13th birthday when my powers activated, I got a letter from this old man, who said he was told to give me it by a dying soul." She forced herself to explain the story no matter how much it killed her.

"I made it my job to kill him, it is my only purpose, to avenge my mother, I will carve out his heart ruthlessly and place it on her grave. A grave that's empty by the way, I just assume she's dead, and I need something to visit, something to go to so I don't go insane," she spoke.

"She might be alive, she survived giving birth to a completely healthy half blood-"

"Healthy? Not everyone is as lucky as you princess, not everyone is as lucky as your mother who's living completely happily. My heart is rotting, I'm dying and before that, I need to kill him," she told me, tears running down her cheeks.