Chapter Six

Keyara couldn't believe she was going to step foot into the huge building in front of her. She refused to believe that in a minute her whole life was going to trip over into a jar full of education and peer pressure.

A jar full of homeworks, teachers, text books, tests, GPA, projects, classmates.

She just wished the jar would be opened instead of keeping her trapped in it without any direction to go. Students deserved to be free even though school has the almost same resemblance as jail.

The difference was, jail kept hands tied while school doesn't.

That was her opinion about it.

The sight that was unveiled to her wasn't pleasant whatsoever. Humans everywhere, her right, her left, her front, her back. Everywhere, just everywhere. She felt naked in front of all eyes although no eyes were turned into her direction.

But within the loud surrounding, she felt the vibration in herself, seeping into her blood, making her bones to tremor and her muscle went rigid, causing her to quaver on her spot silently.

The front gate was almost as 15 feet long and Keyara swallowed when it opened automatically, sensing a vehicle appearing. A gate with sensor, it may seemed cool but it just served Keyara more nervousness.

This place did not belong to someone like her. A rich place with full of rich students. The moment she arrived her along together with Mrs. Blythe, she failed to count with one hand whoever did not use a car or motorcycle to reach their school. Almost everyone came by car.

What woukd happen if someone got to know Keyara lived in the streets? Would they make fun of her, bully her, avoid her, call her names? For someone who couldn't even afford her food, Keyara sure doubt they would be nice to her.

Looking around at everyone around her, some dresses fashionably, some modern, some just with hoodie and shorts - which surprised Keyara since early November wasn't that kind of decent wether in Northville, some with oversized coat.

Even the shorts they were wearing looked so expensive Keyara felt her pockets hurting.

She was not wearing anything new. Well, it was new but the style she was wearing was her usual. A cream colored hoodie, black jeans and she topped it with a black blazer and beanie. The shoes she was wearing belonged to Emily, while the blazer and beanie was bought by Renee during the shopping.

Her red hair was folded in half as she Dutch braided it. The span of two hours of her life paid off after getting wasted into the 'How To Dutch Braid' video she watched on youtube in order to make her long hair look short.

It really did paid off, Keyara thought, fiddling with the curly tip of her hair.

Her face oddly felt weird and heavy as her edges of her round glasses was digging into her cheekbones. This was the first time her face was carrying the burden of the glasses and strangely, she liked the feeling of her face gaining new features.

She would've failed to get those glasses if it wasn't for Mrs. Blythe dragging her to the optical shop nearby and forcing her to get those glasses after investigating at the fact Keyara was squinting at her notebook. At first, Keyara did refused but what was the point of going to school without a vision.

The thin rimmed black circles protected the lenses in the middle. They enhanced Keyara's gray eyes and the glasses continued with the temple curling behind her helix.

Her index finger slowly touched the bridge of the glasses as she pushed it above her nasion when it slowly slipped down the bridge of her nose. Sighing softly, glad she succeeded keeping the glasses safe for two days, she balled her fists and nodded.