Chapter Twenty-Three

"We're here."

Keyara didn't wait as she moved closer to the car door and tried to open it. As she got closer to the window, she realized any of the view behind the window wasn't familiar. In fact, she never has seen this place before.

Her brows pinched together in bewilderment. She shot her head towards Keygan, as he returned the same confused look through the rear mirror.

A frustated sigh escaped out of her mouth as Keyara quickly fished out her phone.

Where are we? It was the message she typed before tapping on the speaker icon.

The phone spoke with a lady's monotonous voice.

A look reading sheepish masked over his face. "It's our daily routine to hangout here. I forgot you're here. . ."

An eyebrow shot up. What he did mean by our? Keyara didn't know and she didn't want to know. All she wanted to do know was to reach school and she was already regretting getting into Keygan's car.

She wasn't given any choice. Mrs. Blythe forced her into his car as the clouds rumbled before it started drizzling. Keyara could admit, she couldn't walk in this weather, but she's rather do that instead of being in a confined place with him.

"My friends," Keygan offered a little explanation at the bemused face. Seeing her fave drop into something close to irritation, he winced. "Look, I'm sorry but I completely forgot you were here."

She almost snorted. Only he would forget a human being presented inside his car.

"Are you seriously going to stay in the car?" he questioned in disbelief after two minutes.

Keyara turned the board she was writing on. It showed the same answer Keygan was recovering for the past two minutes.

You go, I'll stay in the car.

Keygan pinched his nose, biting his lips to conceal his smile. He didn't know she was this adamant.

"For half an hour?"

She nodded. If she has to.

Keygan didn't seem to give up. He climbed down from his seat and opened the backseat door. With his hand placed on the edge of the roof and the other curled around the door, he leaned into the seat, making the redhead frown and lean back to maintain a decent distance.

"You know, there's no harm in trying to hangout with new people," he said, expecting her to follow him.

It confused himself. He was for sure that she was nothing to him but he just didn't want to leave her alone in the car. And finally he got be a little close to her after that one particular night as she seemed to avoid him later on.

It irked him when she didn't even pass him a mere glance.

Without waiting for her answer, he clasped a hand around her wrist and gently pulled her out, disregarding her wide eyes and dropping jaw. He left her hand once she was out and locked his car before walking away from her.

"Hurry up," said Keygan in monotonous voice. He failed to hear footsteps behind him, which made him turn around.

Keyara was staring at her hand with a worried frown. He couldn't read the strange expression on her face meticulously but it seemed like she was confused. She frown she had pulled her lips into said something about fear but it was gone before he could blink.

She let her hand drop to her side and glued on an insipid face.

Keygan blinked again.

Keyara didn't seem like before as she walked up to him. He stared at her, wondering what happened to her all of a sudden. Deciding it was something he didn't need to know, he entered the cafe and looked for his friends.