Chapter Seventeen

The day was slowly covering the time Keyara was silently ticking in her mind and it finally stood on the spot.

She couldn't believe she was going to do this.

Taking a deep breath, Keyara threw on a cardigan over her sweater and nodded at her outfit. If she blended in with the crowd, no one would see her, no one would talk to her and no one would recognize her.

The mirror hung on the wall gave Keyara a pretty sight of her. Her hair was thrown in a half bun while the lower part of her hair wavily swayed untik the back of her knees.

Renee gave her some hands to apply a light layer of foundation and concealer to cover up her eyebags and having make-up sticking on her face for the first time felt weird, like really weird.

It felt like a stick glue was slid on her face.

Keyara forced herself not to smudge her face and instead curled her hands into her pockets.

Make-up sure did a good job to cover up her flaws.

Sighing, she picked her phone and headphone before heading downstairs. Mr. Blythe and Mrs. Blythe stood there at the living room, with the latter tying the former's tie.

The fond look in Mr. Blythe's eyes whispered away when he looked away from his wife and captured Keyara's gaze. Feeling a little uneasy by his hardened gaze, she hung her head low and entered the living room, just right on time as Mrs. Blythe turned.

"Oh, Keyara, you look pretty there," she complemented her with her own smile.

There was no dount Mrs. Blythe had the most sensible fashion taste here. She rocked her trench coat dress and heels with a minimum amount of make-up glowing up her warm ivory skin. A glossy layer of crimsom lipstick made her lips look slightly plump and full, which oddly was perfect for her blue eyes.

"Nice to see you again, Keyara," Mr. Blythe took the chance to speak when Mrs. Blythe went up the stairs. "How are you holding up?"

Holding up what? Keyara wanted to ask wether he was talking about school or his bullshit.

Offering a small incline of her head, she tried not to lock eyes with him, even accidently.

The arrow of minute fail to touch 12 before Keygan came downstairs. He cleaned up well with his jeans and blue shirt - Keyara assumed it was the new shirt as she couldn't spot a wrinkle. His wavy blonde hair covered his forehead and the tip of his strands reached the edge of his spectacles, covering half of his eyes.

His arrival received a grunt from Mr. Blythe. "I told you to gel your hair, Keygan. And don't wear your glasses."

Keygan was nothing but insipid. "I can't see without my glasses, father."

"There's something called contact lens."

"I lost them."

"Already?" Mr. Blythe massaged his forehead. He looked disappointed rather than being mad. "That is your fifth one."

"Maybe if you listen and not waste your money on stupid contacts, you wouldn't have to worry about me losing them."

Before Mr. Blythe could utter a syllabi, Keygan gritted his teeth and exited the house, slamming the door on the way, causing Keyara to jump at the sudden wave of sound ringing in her ears.

Mr. Blythe clenched his jaw, his fist ticking in anger. Feeling the aura emitting from him, Keyara pushed her glasses up her nose and escape his sight as she entered the kitchen for a glass of water.

When she went back to the main room, she stopped at the presence of a couple who looked like they were in their seventies. Behind them stood another woman, who looked just as old as them and by her side, a lady way older than anyone in this room joined everyone else with her wheelchair.