Chapter Thirty-Four

Keyara could feel her jaw dropping. In fact, she even felt her chin hitting the floor. Her eyes widened to the size she never imagined she could, the amount of shock that blowed her to the core was something she never thought could achive, nor experiencing. This was something as surprising as Harry Potter appearing in front of her with Dumbledore, alive.

But she was rather way too shocked with his appearance.

Currently, the little circle of the group around the table was silent. It was the kind of silent that even a gust of wind could be heard as opening a microwave two in the morning. The silence was too deafening. Keyara felt her ears screech.

As she glanced at Danika, it wasn't as that awkward, but Danika had her fork up till her mouth but froze in the wrong time. Her mac and cheese was dripping down her hoodie, leaving yellowish, milky stains on olive green material.

Waste of food, Keyara had the urge to say to her.

Devon boredly swung his gaze, his eyes stood dense yet narrowed. "Snap the fuck out of it," he grumbled to his sister.

Danika was startled. Then dropped the fork, it fell from her hand and hit the paper container with a small splotch. She started coughing vigorously, grabbing the water bottle from Sarah who looked at her in concern, yet her eyes were darting towards Devon every second with a hint of worry and confusion.

Then he spun his head towards Keyara, who was giving him a murderous glare. He shot back the same kind of glare than could even shook some fear into anyone, but Keyara remained tranquil. He didn't tell her what happened last day when she hinted some specific questions to him and she knew he was mad cause she never told him she was hanging out with these guys.

So, it was purely fair and square.

"Who the fuck are you?" His eyebrows raised, a smirk tugged at his lips.

Keyara lifted her brows, accepting the unspoken challenge with the same glare. "I should ask you the same."

"I asked first."

"Then you answer first."

"That's not how it works."

"No, shit, if you don't want to answer, then don't." Keyara mustered a scowl. He was ripping her anger out of her and she was short-tempered.

"Such a bitch." He turned to Keygan who looked pale of all. "Did you get her out of a dog pound?"

"Could be, there's also a possibility you're out of the psychiatric hospital as well." She ended with a sweet smile. "As they say, there's someone for everyone and the person for you would have to be a psychiatrist."

Devon laughed, it was dry and rough. To others, it may seemed horrific. Both seemed to have the strongest urge to chew off the other party's head but they knew, both pair of eyes held amusement. Devon's eyes were lit up even with the smallest hint of bewilderment swimming around. Keyara looked like she would burst out laughing any second.

It was a silent conversation between the two.

"I'd agree with then we both would be wrong."

Keyara scrunched up her nose. "If I throw a stick, will you leave?"

"A decent way to say fuck off?"

"Nice to know which one of us were from the dog pound." Keyara flashed a sickly sweet smile.

"You've quite a temper there." He peered at her through his lashes.

"I'm not." She rolled her eyes. "I just react quick to bullshit."