Chapter Thirty-Two

Fireworks.

It was fireworks.

Bursting in his chest.

He felt it.

He really felt it.

Matias was right. No matter how much of a dickhead he was, he was still right.

Excitement ran through his veins like gold rush, hot and fast, it pumped into his heart. It wad like a confetti burst, tangling together, colorful, loud and beautiful. Shocking, crave, new. Everything he felt was different.

Everything.

He pressed his lips harder against her cold ones, smiling when she gripped his jacket tighter in her little fists, and cupped her jaw with his right hand. He tilted her head up and stroked her cheek with his thumb. She was still rigid but he didn't mind. She wasn't pushing him away and he knew he wasn't going to stop until she does so.

He pulled his head away slightly and pressed his lips onto her jaw, slightly grazing his teeth against her pale skin. She shivered. His grip around her waist tightened when she let out the slightest sound, her eyes rolling back as soon as the tip of his tongue reached her neck.

A bolt ran through her spine and she got her senses back. Keyara's eyes got wider than ever. She let go of his jacket and ignored the warm swirl inside her stomach and gasped in surprise.

She was not so doing this.

Immediately jerking back, she pursed her lips. Keygan stared back with the same amount of intensity, a smirk tugging on his lips, his hand still around her waist. Keyara gaped at him.

He was a creature.

An attractive creature.

Anger was what she felt, not at him, but at herself. She's broken her own rules, something she has been following since that night, something she has never dared to break before.

Her teeth greeted. "Y-Y-Yo-"

"Yes, me?" He lifted a brow, the smirk expression much more cockiness than needed.

She suppressed a groan and clumsily ran back to her room.

Keygan smiled and yelled, "Goodnight!"

She shut the sliding door loudly. Damn, she was pissed.

Keygan maintained the smile as he turned and leaned over the banister. His heart wasn't normal, it was definitely not normal and was going to flip out soon if he doesn't calm down. Keygan clutched a hand over his chest and sighed.

He did liked her after all.

How did his friends noticed it before he did?

Honeslty he wasn't surprised. He was expecting it, just not this early. He needed to learn to embrace his feelings, most importantly the consequences, which was why he denied his feelings in the first place. But that didn't really work out, did it?

"Fuck," he cursed and ruffled his hair. He wanted more, she couldn't just leave him there hanging. He still couldn't peel off the smile from his face.

Suddenly his phone pinged in his pocket. He sighed and read the message he got from his brother.

Guess what? It read.

Keygan typed back, What?

The reply came as soon as Keygan sent his.

Youre supposed 2 b sleeping, idiot!

Keygan cringed at the short forms in the text. He wasn't really a fan of those types of text. So what if I'm not?