Chapter Twenty-Nine

Keygan cracked his heavy lids open only to shut them close again. It was still early in the morning, he had noticed the light trying to force its way in through the thick curtains, leaving the room slightly dim. Morning cold swam around the air, as he retreated back into the covers and parched his mouth open, yawning.

He felt dried and exhausted.

His stomach turned in an unfriendly way before he felt waves of nausea attacking him, adding his misery. His head felt like it would swell beyong capacity of his entire body.

A piercing pain shot into his head and he jerked, wincing, hands clutching his head.

His tongue ran over his lips, cracks of dried saliva making his grimace. He should've known better than to drink until he was wasted. Another thump in his brain. Keygan swung his legs off of the bed and his feet landed on the carpet, which was unusual.

Carpet?

Keygan looked down with a frown. He was sober enough to realize he didn't own a carpet in his room.

He hated carpets.

He squeezed his eyes and blinked. The carpet was still there.

Then he took a brief moment to stay frozen before he gained the consciousness to look around his room, which wasn't his room. In fact, he knew this wasn't his room when he woke up in the first place.

The sheets on the bed was still intact, unlike his that would be bundled up in a wrinkle mess at the corner.

Slowly, his burning eyes noticed the figure at the corner of the room, right next to the bathroom door. His eyes narrowed on her. Keyara wasn't alright, she didn't look alright. Eyes downcast, arms around bended knees, she was frozen solid.

If one thing Keygan could detect from her, she looked scared.

And he didn't need to think twice why she looked terrified.

Although he couldn't recover his memory from last night other than arriving at Matias's house to celebrate his father's birthday and all of them drinking to death, he knew he had done something wrong. The heavy lodge of guily in his heart said so.

He knew he had done something wrong.

He knew he did something.

But he couldn't recall what he did that he was in this room instead of his.

He couldn't even pay a doubt for the reason he chose to enter Keyara's room.

He slowly got to his feet and stared at her, feeling his heart pinking up its beat.

He didn't do anything that could possibly scare her last night, did he?

One step towards her made her eyes snap to his. He paused, like he was struck by a thunder. There wasn't any sign of her crying yet she was shaking on spot. So he took the chance to make another step.

This time she abruptly got up and ran past him and exited the room.

He didn't say anything.

He couldn't.

Not with the blaring screech in his head and the painful thumping of his heart.

It ached.

Once he had a shower, he moved downstairs with his empty stomach hoping to find something to eat. He expected food to be prepared on the table, what he did not see coming was the fact there was another guest sitting there next to Keyara on the barstool. He paused, then frowned, before taking the seat next to Keyara.