Chapter Eleven

Two weeks.

It had been two weeks since Keyara step foot in this house. Two weeks since she was caught red-handed at the underground. A week since she was going to school. A week since she was learning the word social.

It sucked, everything sucked.

Now that she had successfully managed to console Mrs. Blythe that she would walk to school everyday, she didn't need to wake up on time anymore and she felt peaceful at the fact no more waking up early. She might skipped a class or two but it was worth it.

Peaceful sleep was more important than school.

It was the motto Keyara created and was going to repeat it every morning until the last day of school; then freedom.

Since there was an hour break before extra classes for the students to use the washrooms or eat, Keyara wandered around the school. She did avoided Vidyashree today when that girl trailed behind her at lunch break but Keyara managed to lose her when she quickly took a random turn and entered the spot out of the washroom.

It was her lucky day since she didn't have home economics today.

She read the sign on a door spelling 'gymnasium' and walked past the door. Her steps made some soft footfalls and it was the only thing Keyara could hear as she walked along the empty corridor, hands in pockets and ears protected by the cups of the headphones. She didn't put on any music but people tend to leave people who wears headphones alone. That idea tempted her so she wore them.

As she walked past yet another door, something stopped her. It was the sound coming from the inside.

Keyara paused and frowned down at the knob. When every door had a sign, this door had nothing. It was a plain black door with a silver knob. Every other door consisted a window but this door was fully blocked. Nothing that allowed Keyara to look inside.

It sounded like some thuds some high quality hard punches would make while wearing fairly big cushiony gloves and hitting a heavy bag full of rags or sand.

The temporary confidence Keyara gained for a second or two reached the highest level and it was the time Keyara immediately wrapped her hand around the knob and twisted the door open. Before she could chicken out, she peeked through the crack of the opened door and watched some guy, way taller than Chris, sending ferocious punches on the hanging bag.

He had his lean back towards Keyara and he was shirtless. Keyara felt the urge of running away wash over her but keeping her feet planted on the ground, she let her guards up as she hesitantly glanced around the room. Everything was dark but with the help of the little, yellow light at the corner, it brightened the room enough to allow Keyara see an average-sized boxing ring at the corner right.

To the front right, the equipments of the gym were there. From preacher curl to pec deck.

"Hey, the fuck you're doing here?"

Keyara flinched and took a cautious step back. Her eyes grew cold as she tightened her palm into a fist for emergency purpose. The guy standing a meter away from her was way taller than her that even from a quite a distance, Keyara had to look up to meet his face.

With light amber eyes burning with fury, he glared at Keyara. A strand of hazel hair fell from his tight-fitted bun, falling past his shoulder as he swept it back with frustration evident on his face. Beads of sweats rolled down his forehead and high cheekbones, reaching his chin as one drop fell on the mat below his feet.

He pulled his lips into a warning scowl and growled, "I asked, what the fuck you're doing here and who the hell are you?"

It was when Keyara recognized the tattoo starting on the side of his wrist, a mini, black skull with a withered rose hanging from the teeth, surrounded by outgrowing vines and smokes, she frowned and took a daring step forward, ignoring the painful beatings of her heart. The ink didn't stop there.