Chapter Forty-Two

"Hey, how was the party?" was the first thing greeted them once Keyara and Keygan reached home. The well-known voice startled Keyara. "Did you guys had a great time?"

Keyara took a deep breath. Mrs. Blythe stood there with what it seemed as a glass of milk, brows raised. Keyara frowned at the glass of milk. It was in an odd color and the lumps in it didn't make her feel any better.

"That milk is-" she started, however, Mrs. Blythe beat her to it.

"Spoilt," there was a frown on her face as she said that. She looked back at her and Keygan. "I was going to text you to buy some on the way but guess you guys have reached here far too soon."

"I can go and buy some now if you want," Keygan offered but Mrs. Blythe waved him off.

"It's fine." She went and emptied the cup in the sink. "Have you guys had breakfast?"

They both nodded in sync before Keygan went somewhere. He came out of Hope's little room a few seconds later.

"Mom, I need to buy some food for Hope as well. I'll get some milk on the way."

Mrs. Blythe nodded. "Well, then, buy all these items too, thank you."

She disappeared before Keygan could protest.

A dejected sigh made out of Keygan's mouth and Keyara laughed. He glared at her playfully, before shoving her a little and jogging up the stairs.

"Don't enjoy too much, you're following me."

Well, at least it was grocery shopping, she didn't mind it.

She still hadn't known why she preferred grocery shopping over shopping for clothes. Maybe food was her priority, either way she disliked shopping for clothes.

As she sat on the couch, her mind drove to the heart-to-heart conversation she shared with Matias's grandparents.

The first thing that welcomed Keyara once she walked down the stairs was the fresh aroma of pancakes and waffles. She then saw Grace, who was humming to a tune, flipping pancake, and another older man sitting by the window reading a newspaper.

Her arrival had caught both their attentions and as Grace gave a wave, the man frowned at her presence. She started to think if he disliked her then changed her mind when a warm smile crept up his lips.

I'm M-A-T-I-A-S'S grandfather, that man had signed. And he seemed more than contented when she signed back her name and introduced herself.

The couple was the sweetest, if Keyara had to admit. The first half an hour went by with them talking about their life.

Keyara would say what they had was love in first sight.

Grace was born mute, while Joseph, Matias's grandfather, slowly lost his ability as he grew older due to a condition he didn't mention. They both met at the class that was for those who had troubles speaking or hearing.

They both had locked eyes with one another and Joseph admitted that, that moment was the moment he knew she was the one.

He described the way his heart soared, the way he felt nervous and happy and confused and excited at the same time. All the while the blush didn't depart from Grace's cheek as she continued making breakfast.

That type of love was one-in-a-million, and Grace and Joseph were blessed with that one.

Keyara was sat on the counter sipping coffee as she continued looking at Joseph's hand, finding it hard to keep her smile at bay. Time flew fast, before they knew it Matias, Sarah and Keygan made their way downstairs.