Chapter Eighteen

Keygan's mother was helpless stucked in a forced conversation with her estranged family friend, Marissa.

Keygan sighed and leaned against the wall next to the kitchen, pushing off his hair from his forehead. Going into the dead zone would have Marissa pressuring him into dating her daughter, Mia, and not going into the kitchen would have Keyara starving in the room.

He was torn between two choices.

Samantha warned him to talk about Justin's behaviour towards Keyara to his mother before leaving and Josiah requested to bring Keyara some food and also to keep a close eye on that midget.

Of course, he would not let that midget starve, according to Josiah.

He felt a palm on his shoulder. Straightening up, he saw Chris stealing a secretive glance into the kitchen with a frown. "That woman," he muttered lowly before turning to his brother. "What's up? You look constipated."

"Ha ha," Keygan laughed sarcastically, pulling his glasses up to rub his eyes. "Nothing, just wanted to talk to mom, until, well, you know."

"Talk about what?"

Keygan pursed his lips into a thin line. "Justin."

Chris narrowed his eyes and the scowl didn't give any good vibed from him. "What did he do? Don't tell me he pulled off another stunt today. Fuck, I told Petrov to keep an eye on him."

If Keygan wasn't mistaken, he saw Chris's friend leaving the house with a bunch of mini pumpkin pies in his hands.

"Forget him, what did Justin do?" Chris asked once again.

A voice called out for them before Keygan could answer him.

"Hey, boys, what are you doing there?"

Keygan muttered, "Fuck," and at the same time Chris winced and said, "Shit."

Sheepishly, they both turned. Marissa was standing across the kitchen, just the island separating them. She did not change at all, if any of it mattered to any of them. Short blonde hair and the same coat of dark, matte lipstick coated on her plump lips.

Their mother glanced up as she closed the container. "Do you need anything, boys?"

Keygan shook their head. Not with the presence of the witch here.

Chris didn't look any bothered as he nodded. "Yes, Justin did something again."

Keygan wrinkled his face. He loved his brother, no doubt there, but sometimes he just wished killing was illegal. Chris was annoying since he was born, according to his mother, and his existence was the proof.

Marissa leaned up and raised her perfectly drawn eyebrows. "What do you mean? My son isn't a troublemaker," he stated confidently.

Behind her, his mother turned and mocked a weird face, sticking her tongue out, but immediately turned when Marissa looked behind.

Both, Chris and Keygan snorted at the same time.

Not a troublemaker, my ass, Keygan thought. He could never forget the fact Justin had misbehave with girls countless times and was expelled from four schools. With the infamous stunt of his to hijack a car and get high with his friends, he was sentenced to five years of jail. Ever since, some were afraid of him while some were disgusted.

"Speaking of him, where is he?" Marissa questioned, her smoky eyes narrowing at the pair of siblings. As her eyes drove to someone behind them, she gasped and rushed across the kitchen and past them. "Oh my God, Justin!" she screeched, her heels clicking against the tiles. "My God, who did this to you?!"