Chapter Thirty-Seven

This chapter can provide an overview of physical and mental reactions such as sexual violence, physical and emotional abuse and etc...

For those who are sensitive to the things listed, you may skip certain sections and continue the story.

-Author♡

Thanks for the support<3

◇◇◇◇◇

Things could never end well with those four words.

We need to talk.

It such powerful phrase that it could bring out the entire phases of memories from the moment one were born to the day they currently living in. It'd circle around one's head, making one wonder what did they do wrong and even if they did, how did they find out.

So when those words rolled out of Chris Blythe's tongue without any hint of emotional betrayal, Keyara appeared calm on the outside, when in fact she was freaking out on the inside even if she knew she had done absolutely nothing wrong. There was a voice in the back of her head, whispering negative possibilities, telling her indeed something was her fault.

Keyara breathed out and turned around only to jump at the sight of Faith. She gasped and placed a hand over her chest.

"Bloody shit, you scared me."

But the little girl only drew her eyebrows close in confusion. Her head cocked to the side, she said, "What are you doing mantras for?"

Keyara felt like deer in the headlights. Her eyes widened and her entire body froze in panic. "Uhm, nothing, just thinking about something."

Faith nodded. "Can I ask you a favo-"

Her words were cut short when there was this defeaning sound of an impact of two solid objects coming in contact. The shattering noise had both of them flinching. It sounded like a ceramic-made object reaching for the floor, finally earning the contact and shattering to pieces.

Then followed by Mrs. Blythe screaming her oldest son's name.

Fear, was what beneath the heart-wrenching scream.

Keyara and Faith looked at each other, alarmed, frightened and bewildered. Together the pair sprinted downstairs, eventually shoving themselves between the boys - Keygan, Devon, Matias and Tobias - only to welcome the sight of Chris held captive in a stranger's arm.

No less than thirty, the man had tattoo rilling up his shoulders. He was a buff, lean, tall man who could take Devon in one fold. His broad shoulders gave Keyara a familiar vibe she couldn't explain as he had his back to her.

Her heart pumped once. Even if she couldn't entirely see what was going on, she knew the man was a threat. Chris was rolled onto his stomach, his hands tightly held on his back as the man pressed his knee into Chris spine as a sign of warning. His free hand held a knife to Chris's neck that was all too well known to Keyara.

Her heart slowed down a little, reassured he meant no harm.

"What're you doing?!" From a couple of feet away, Mrs. Blythe stood with an ashen complexion. Near her feet laid the pieces of glasses, which explained the sound that came earlier. "Keygan, called the police!"

"You might not want to do that," his voice was like a timing bomb; a warning, a sign that he might be attacking any second. He pulled Chris's neck, pressing the knife further, the shiny, metallic blade sinking into his skin. "One movement and his dead."

In front of her, Faith clenched her fist. "Let go of-"

Tobias clasped a palm against her mouth and pulled her behind him. She struggled, her voice screeched, although muffled behind his palm.