Chapter Twenty

A scream.

A high-pitched scream.

Terror burst from the scream and it seepes into Keyara's skin. The voice, which was most likely to be coming from a female, came from the closed door. Behind the door located the bathroom that had two doors, one leading to Keyara's room and another to Keygan's room.

The fingers curled around a paint brush made a quick jerk in fear. Heart pumping, eye twitching, forehead wrinkling, hands shaking. Keyara made a tilt of her head. The white door stared back plainly.

Keyara blinked her eyes. Even through the soft pop rock song bursting from the cups, it was definitely a terrified scream.

You push and you push and I'm pulling away, pulling a~

Keyara pulled her headphones to her neck and her eyes didn't seem to tear away from the door. Mrs. Blythe wasn't home, she was in overtime at work today. Mr. Blythe was out of the country, which was a good thing. Faith, she had closed herself in her room with Hope, and Keygan, he probably was in his room.

But the scream didn't sound like it was from a guy.

Seconds passed and the door suddenly burst open, the knob slamming against the wall and the sound of the impact startled Keyara. The brush fell and it made a little bounce before it rolled under the bed.

A pair of widen eyes. Keyara refused to believe what was before her.

To be precise, who was before her.

Stumbling back on the chair she was sitting on, Keyara's feet collided on the bed. She tumbled on the soft bed and hurriedly slid a hand under her pillow, feeling the metallic object caressing her skin.

Cold, slick and solid. It was how it felt.

However before she could threaten Keygan to get out of her room, he breathed out and raised a palm in her way.

Keyara swallowed. She could bolt out of the room, but he was blocking the door. And she couldn't feel her feet. It felt cramped, and frozen. She couldn't do anything.

He was standing there half naked with no top on. His sweatpants hung low and Keyara could do nothing about it.

Run away, run away, run away.

Stay and be brave.

She was only able to repeat the latter statement once before she realized she wasn't breathing.

Breathe in, breathe out.

She was alright.

When Keygan grew back to his height, Keyara curled her fingers around her object tightly, prepared.

"I'm sorry to barge into your room, but I might need your help," he said, breathless, his alerted eyes narrowed on the door he just used to barge in from.

She made a quick glanced at the bathroom. Thing? What thing?

He deciphered the addled look she had on. "Shit, this is embarrassing, well, ther- Fuck!"

He darted out of the room, the door closing a little harsh that it needed to be. She winced. Then raised her brows, puzzled.

When she turned back to the door, slightly ajar from the frame, Keyara had this urge to slap her forehead. For the first five seconds she could not spot anything to scare a person like Keygan, until something as dark as an insect crawled up the white wall.

It took her another two seconds to recognize the thing she was staring at.

Legs. Three pairs of legs.