Chapter Twenty-Six

Coffee Sense.

Was the shop where Keygan and his friends often hangout before school starts. It was the same cafe Keygan brought Keyara when he gave her a lift to school for the first time.

Currently, she couldn't find Keygan's friends nor could she understand why he brought her here if they weren't here.

"Coffee?"

Two cups on the table, Keygan placed.

Keyara stared blankly at it, pattern of leaves and coffee beans surrounding the silinder cups. The rim carried the weight of the cap, steam appearing from the small, square shaped hole.

She frowned and showed him the question she has been carrying from the moment he got up to buy coffee for both of them.

Why did you bring me here? Where's your friends?

"Why?" He carried a cup, took a sip and swiped his tongue over his lip. "Miss them?"

She scowled, he smirked.

"Toby woke up late, they still trying to wake him up," he said and Keyara made a confused face. Understanding her bemusement, he explained further. "They had a night together."

She wrote furiously with the blunt tip of the marker. That doesn't explain why you bought me here.

He sighed. "Loosen up, will you? I'm just being kind-hearted-"

Keyara scoffed.

"-and treating you for a cup of coffee. No harm, nothing. Just trying to be civil."

That's what I don't understand, she showed with a blank face.

She remembered the first week, the period of time he used to avoid her at any cost.

"Is it wrong to?"

She nodded.

"Well," he said with a click of his tongue. "Maybe the fact I'm bored and have no one to hangout with?"

She scoffed once again in disbelief. He was using her as his company and Keyara was allowing him to because he bought her a cup of coffee.

Just for a cup of coffee.

He was amused as he smiled when Keyara snatched the cup and ripped the cap off before taking a sip.

"I'll take that as a yes," he muttered and grabbed his phone.

Just for a cup of coffee, again.

"Two slices of strawberry cake for the Blythe," a voice with a thick Spanish accent sounded quite near. Then a man under his thirties trudged over with two white plates, each containing a slice of strawberry cake.

Keyara glared at Keygan. He was bringing out her hunger.

"One for the asshole, one for the beautiful girl he doesn't deserve." He placed the plates down and Keyara shot him a weird look, already creeped out. He returned it with a smile and stepped back. "Enjoy."

It was a miracle Keyara could understand him with his thick accent.

"Jackass," Keygan murmured under his breath as he watched the yellow haired guy striding away, attempting a moonwalk in between before standing behind the counter, winking at a girl who passed him by. Keygan turned back and started digging in his cake.

Keyara sighed and picked up the fork. Even as a stranger, Keyara could agree with the yellow haired guy. Keygan was an asshole for doing this; buying her favourite items. As the thought occurred, she seemed a little surprised.